Chapter 1 : The Flight

She heard quiet rustling in the fall leaves behind her. 'It's nothing.' she thought and kept walking down the windy road on that cold November night, her last night, for it had got her. 

"So? What do you think", I look up at my seven best friends. Emily, the cheerful, and adventurous one had both hands over her ears, her eyes were also closed tightly as if a bright light was shining in them. Enya, the most negative of us all had a blank face as if she didn't hear anything. Stephie had a giant smile on her face, it was so big it appeared creepy, she was a giant horror fan and had read all of my previous stories. Stephie was in a bad place for a while, following the death of her boyfriend, we are all glad she's back after three years of mourning. Maya was in a tight ball in her seat while leaning against Julie and shivering, even though we were in the un-air-conditioned waiting area at the Orlando International Airport. Maya had moved here last year, and the only one she's totally comfortable with is Julie, the kindest one in the group. Julie had an arm wrapped around Maya, and her head was leaning against the side of Maya's chair. In two chairs behind the rest of them were Sam and Taylor passionately kissing while pulling each other closer in each other's grasp, it was like they never had enough of the other. When they noticed my eyes were on them they immediately pulled away from each other. Taylor just looked down at her hands which were now sitting nicely in her lap, while Sam was just staring back at me with a goofy grin on her face. They may not seem like much, but they were family, every last one of them.

All I heard was a series of noise, all of them overlapping the others. A shy grin spread on my face as I was showered with praise for my new novel. Amidst the chatter, there was a muffled announcement of the speakers. "Now boarding flight 13 to Puerto Rico. Now boarding the 3 o'clock plane.", all of the girls went quiet, the smiles on their faces widened as they grabbed their carry-ons and skipped towards the main gate. 

 The girls were all giddy in their seats, it was a short plane ride to our destination and we were excited. We were about an hour in when I decided to take out my phone and check the time. The screen was blank, I tried to turn it on again but nothing seemed to work. I turned to Enya who was sitting to my right. "Hey, my phone's not turning on do you think somethings....", the expression on her face was blank as she moved her attention away from the rest of the passengers and to me. "We have bigger problems," she replied, then she curled up into a ball. I looked around me and all of the passengers seemed to be asleep, except for Enya, Taylor, Maya and I. 

This can't be, there has to be a logical explanation for this. I stand up out of my seat, my legs are wobbly like I have never walked before. I started to walk around and look at my friends and the other passengers. They all had blood coming out of their eyes, ears, nose and mouth. I started hyperventilating and checking pulses. No one..... No one was left.

What happened? Why? Just then a scary thought came to me. What about the pilot? I ran to the cockpit and past all of the dead flight attendants. I heard a screeching sound, then we started to fall.

I woke up in the dark, my whole body was in agony. I painfully opened my eyes to see hundreds of bodies, including the ones of my friends. They had limbs that were sticking out in weird directions, and bones sticking through their skin. I also saw a dark figure, it was like nothing I had seen before. I felt my eyes start to droop. They were now closed yet there was an illuminating light. I went closer to it and as I did I started to see things. My friends. Why were my friends there? I need to see them. I need to join them! I was then pulled with force away from it, it was no longer there. Please!! Come back!

"No. You shall stay here with me." said a loud voice. It was like music but also daggers to my ears. Please! Please. Please... Plea.....