The Light To Life

Once upon a time, there was a young girl named Chloe. She was a curious little girl, she loved exploring. One day, Chloe decided to go on an adventure. She packed her little backpack and headed out into the forest.

     The forest was such a beautiful place in her eyes. All of her friends thought she was weird for enjoying it, but she didnt mind. She simply ignored them. Chloe loved how the light shone through the trees, how it lit up the path as she walked along it, and how the flowers and trees lined the path.

     It was so breathtaking. She walked along the path for a few minutes before seeing a small bunny. She stared at it for a minute or two. Its eyes were so big and beautiful, just full of life, and its tail appeared to be so soft. Chloe couldnt help but follow it.

     She chased the bunny through bushes  and branches. She was having so much fun, but its wasn't long until she discovered that she was lost. Chloe looked around, frantically looking for a way back... She couldn't find one. She was so scared, she sat down on an old log and started to cry.

     Her sobbing went on for several minutes before hearing branches crunching. Someone was coming. Chloe wasn't sure if she should be frightened or relieved. She panicked as she waited for the stranger to emerge.

     An older looking man appeared from behind a tree. "I heard you crying, are you alright?", the man asked. He sounded quite concerned. He had no idea who she was, yet he took the time to care for her.

"I'm lost...", Chloe stated.

     The man could tell that she was distraught, he looked down at her and asked "would you like to come back to my cottage for something to eat? It's warmer there too.".

     Chloe could see the kindness in his eyes. So, being the young and quite cold child she is, sh decided to go with him.

     He put his hand out, and she did the same. As she grabbed his hand the man said "I'm Dave, what's your name?"

"Um... Chloe..", she murmered.

"It's okay, don't be scared.", Dave said calmly. And with that being said, she started to relax.

-----

The walk to the cottage was long and tiring. Dave offered Chloe a piggyback ride, which she gladly accepted.

As they walked along the path, Dave showed Chloe some places that he thought she may like. He showed her the wise bush that the seagull poops on, which of course came with a story. He also showed her the pond that the deer like to skate on in the winter. He told her wonderful stories of mythical creatures. Chloe enjoyed the stories very much.

After several more stories, they finally arrived at the cottage. Chloe was so happy! Not because they had arrived, but because Dave had just opened her mind up to everything amazing in the world. He made her realize that life is a beautiful thing filled with wonder and love.

"Are you hungry?", Dave called out.

"Yes. I'm starving.", Chloe stated.

"Good. I've just made some chicken pot pie, would you like some?", Dave asked.

"Yes please!", Chloe said.

Dave then handed Chloe a piece of pie and joined her at the table where they sat and just enjoyed each other's company.

-----

~Thank you Gramps... Thank you for opening my eyes to how amazingly wonderful life is. I love you with everything I've got. <3