prologue

I looked in the mirror, my hair perfectly pinned up and my makeup done so beautifully, and I couldn't hold back the smile. I ran my hands down the white dress wrapped snuggly around my body gently as I admired the design. I'd tuned out the constant noises around me as a knock on the door brought me back to the current situation. I turned around towards the door as my sister and mother opened it, standing at the door was David, he looked all sorts of nice in his tux, he was a groomsman after all.

"Mind if I speak with her alone for a moment?" he nodded towards me, I noticed his hands behind his back and my curiosity rose, my mother checked her watch,

"You've got 5 minutes, any longer and we will be late." She said as she and my sister walked out, David stepped in, closing the door behind him.

"Liza was right, you look beautiful in that dress." His voice was sweet and softer than usual, I couldn't help but to smile,

"Thanks, you look nice for once too." I teased, earning a laugh from us both.

David has been my best friend for years, he's been there for me way before anyone else and I wouldn't ask for anyone else to be here with right now.

"Oh, so my whole purpose of coming here, Heath sent this over." He pulled a pink smoothie out from behind him and on the cup were the words, "Do You Remember?".

Do I remember? I remember like it was yesterday...