Chapter Four - Together We Go

Ash gulped. He'd never sang in front of anyone. He didn't sing much in general, only if he was in an exceptionally good mood. What am I supposed to do here? This girl means everything to me, I can admit that much. I'm not going to let fear stop me from making her feel safe. I owe that to her.

Taking a deep breath, the suddenly timid trainer began singing softly.

"Oh, Miss Believer, my pretty sleeper
Your twisted mind is like snow on the road
Your shaking shoulders prove that it's colder
Inside your head than the winter of dead

I will tell you I love you
But the muffs on your ears will cater your fears
My nose and feet are running as we start
To travel through snow
Together we go
Together we go

We get colder
As we grow older
We will walk
So much slower

Oh, Miss Believer, my pretty weeper
Your twisted thoughts are like snow on the rooftops
Please, take my hand, we're in foreign land
As we travel through snow
Together we go
Together we go

We get colder
As we grow older
We will walk
So much slower."

The raven haired boy's voice slowly faded out as he finished the song. He smiled knowing how lucky he was to be curled up with the only girl he'd ever found his dense self liking. Sighing, Ash relaxed his muscles and allowed himself to melt into her body. Wishing that the moment could last forever, he leaned to kiss the girl's forehead before rolling over and falling asleep.

Little did he know, Serena was unable to keep her eyes open but she refused to let herself fall asleep until Ash had finished. She had no idea he had such a pretty and sweet singing voice, and she doubted anyone else knew that either (with the exception of Pikachu of course - they were always together after all). The blonde haired girl had been thinking about why Ash had chosen that song, one that said "I will tell you I love you," one so full of admiration and passion. This question, of course, was answered as soon as he had leaned over and kissed her forehead. Serena knew she needed to make her move the next day because that electric feeling in her heart wasn't something she ever wanted to go away. It was safe to say that the feeling was mutual.

A group of wild pokemon consisting of two Fletchling, one Bidoof, one Spewpa, and three Oddish had come out of hiding due to the passing of the blizzard. As they filed out of a small opening between several large boulders in the outcropping they came across the cave. Intrigued by the fire that was still lingering, they came closer to see two trainers curled up together. One of the Fletchling hopped back to the rock enclosure and returned with something that reflected prismatic light from the fire in its beak. A heart scale. Fluttering into the cave, it dropped the scale beside the teens and the little group continued on their way.