Tuning in

"What should I eat?" Mom said I could warm up some spaghetti out of the freezer... "I'll just order some pizza," I say. I live out of town, so the pizza won't arrive for like an hour or so. "I'll just watch some TV," I say with a sigh. But right as I turn on the TV I hear a loud "SNAP," and all the lights go out. "Goddamnit, the power went out again!" I grab a flashlight and I drop it out of frustration. "Shit!" I yell as the flashlight breaks. "Guess I'll have to go down without light..." I open the door to the basement and I descend in the dark.

At first I can't see anything, but then my eyes get used to the darkness. I almost fall a few times and I bump my head as I walk to the fuse box. As soon as I open the box I smell smoke. "Oh damnit, the whole box exploded! I'll have to find the backup generator." As soon as I say that I hear a static noise coming from upstairs. I carefully walk back up the stairs. There's light coming from the living room, but all the light are still off. I walk into the living room and the TV is turned on. I shows some kind some kind of symbols. I try to turn it off, but as soon as I touch the button I get an electric shock. I fall on the ground and hit my head. Hard.

"Ughh, did I pass out?" I stand up with and realize that I have a banging headache. I look at the TV again and now it shows a date: the 12th of march, 2028... "that's exactly ten years from now," I whisper. Then I hear a "ding dong!" "It's the doorbell." I turn around, but I immediately get nauseous and I fall again. As soon as I stand up and turn around all the lights are on and the TV is normal...

I pay for the pizza. Apparently that guy has been waiting at the door for 15 minutes. I try to focus on the TV show, but I can't stop thinking about that strange channel. "How could the TV have even been on, the power was out." "And what's with that date?" I say as I wash the dishes. I hear a car stopping in front of the house. I look at the clock. "Shit! It's already one a.m! My parents are home!" I rush upstairs and jump into my bed. Just in time. A few minutes later I fall asleep...