1

Leondre's POV:
Me and Charlie are hanging out in my room. Currently we are just checking our phones and once in a while Charlie starts to laugh and shows me a funny picture. I'm glad to have him as my best friend. I love him so much. In fact I don't know if I would have been alive without him. He has helped me through so much, especially when I was being bullied.

Suddenly Charlie stands up and stretches. I look a bit confused at him, but then he turns around to me.
"I need milk." He says with a smile. I can't help but let out a small giggle. He giggle back and then walks out of the room.

Since we've been best friends for years now, we almost live at each other's place. We don't ask about stuff like having food, taking a shower, or in this case; having milk. We just go and take what we want.

I look down at my phone again and open some snaps.

Charlie's POV:
I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. I open the fridge and take out the milk. I open the cupboard and take out the biggest glass I can find. Then I just pour over the white liquid into the glass and start to drink immediately.

Suddenly I hear someone walking into the kitchen and I turn around to see Tilly. I'm just going to say 'hello' to her when she holds out her phone to me.

"It's mum, she wants to talk with you." She says and looks really serious.
"Are you sure it's not for Leondre?" I ask and look a bit confused at her.
"Yeah, she asked for you." Tilly answers and gives me the phone. I take it and she walks out from the kitchen.

I have never seen any 13 year-old just leave her phone to another person without having like security guards around it. I guess this is important...?

I place the phone to ear and answer the call.
"Hello?" I ask.
"Hi Charlie." I hear Victoria's voice at the other side of the phone.

"What's up?" I say casually while I put the glass in the dishwasher.
"Charlie, I've got something to tell you..." She replies without answering my question.

I can hear sadness in her voice. Has something happened?
"Okay...?" I answer slowly, waiting for her to tell me.
"Look, I don't know how to say this, but..." She starts.
"But...?"
"Your mum and little sister have been in a car accident..."

All the feelings hit me at once. Are they okay? What happened? Where am I going to stay? Are they alive?
Everything just spins around in my head.

"What?!" Is the only thing that comes out of my mouth while I feel the tears in my eyes.
"I'm so sorry, Charlie. Do you want me to pick you up and go to the hospital?" Victoria asks carefully.

I nod slowly, but then I realize that she can't see me.
"Yeah." I mumble as the first tear roll down my cheek.
"Okay, I'm going from work now. I'll be there in ten." She replies.
"Okay, thanks." I say and then end the call.

I just stand there for a minute staring out of nowhere. I have no idea what I should do, I barely know what just happened.

Suddenly Tilly comes into the kitchen, but she doesn't say anything. Some seconds later she walks out again and upstairs.
It starts to feels hard to breathe. I try to take deep breaths, but it feels like the oxygen just disappeared from the room in all of a sudden.

A minute later I hear footsteps in the stairs again and then someone comes into the kitchen.
"Tilly said that you were upse-" I hear Leondre start, but then he falls silent.

He quickly walks up to me and gives me a tight hug.
"Hey, what's up, mate?" He asks comforting while pulling me closer to him.
But I can't say anything. The words are stuck in my throat. So I just stand there in silence hugging him back.