one

Bailey

"yo bai (pronounced bae) wanna go to that party tonight."my best friend natalie asked, walking into my room. "yeah i'm down. what time does it start again"

"cade said it starts at 8." she replied walking off , back into her room.

i picked up my phone and looked at the time. it read 6:45 so i decided to start getting ready.

i took a quick shower then dried off my body and wrapped a towel around me.

i brushed through my hair and started blow drying it. after curling it, i pulled my light brown hair through a pony tail leaving some of it down. i added mascara and chapstick to my lips then went over to my closet to pick out my outfit.

i slipped it on then continued getting ready. i brushed my teeth, sprayed perfume and grabbed my phone and wallet.

"bai, you ready" natalie yelled through my door

"bai, you ready" natalie yelled through my door. "yeah i'm coming. go ahead out and i'll meet you there"

i heard the door close shut as i walked down the stairs. i got into the uber and we made our way to the party.

when we pulled up, you could hear the music blasting.

i thanked the uber driver and we walked up the steps to the party. when you opened the door, it reeked of weed and alcohol.

"i am going to find cade. if you need anything call me" nat smiled walking off into the crowd of intoxicated people.

i nodded my head and made my way over to the kitchen to grab a drink.

after i found a few of my friends we started catching up about our lives.

"hey i'll be back, i need to use the bathroom"i smiled as i started walking away, keeping my head towards them.

"ok we'll see you later"they yelled.

as i continued walking, i turned my head back around.

"owe"i heard a mumble and a solo cup being squished together, as i smashed into someone and their drink being poured all over me.

"oh my-"i cut myself off and mumbled under my breath. "i'm so sorry, let me help you" a males voice shouted as they tried grabbing napkins to clean up the substance on my shirt.

"no it's fine, i wasn't looking where i was going"i replied as i watched him continue rubbing it out of my shirt.

"no it was all me. i wasn't paying attention and smashed into you"he argued

he looked up at me, smiling. i smiled back, looking into his beautiful blue eyes.

"what could i repay you with. a new shirt. a drink. oh how about 40 dollars." he spit out rambling on. "calm down"i chuckled. "you don't need to buy me anything or give me any of your money"i laughed

"ok" he let out a breath of air. "um could
i have your number? maybe we could hang out after class one day" he asked "it's fine if you don't want to. i mean i am a strang-"

"give me your phone"i stated "w-what" he stuttered "give me your phone so i can put my number in. that's what you wanted right?"i smiled

"oh, here you go."he nodded and laughed handing me his unlocked iphone.

i went to contacts and typed in my name and number.

i handed his phone back and he smiled. "thank you-" he paused "bailey-i like it." he cheesed "thank you and you're welcome. i'll see you around..."i cut myself off

"it's hayes"he smiled showing his pearly white teeth
i smiled back and started to walk away

"bye bailey"
"goodbye hayes"

i walked around the crowd of people looking for natalie.

"hey bails" she smiled as i approached her. "hey nat"i cheesed

"what have you been doing"she asked "well i found a few girls from class and then as i was leaving this guy spilled his drink on me and we talked for a while and now i'm here"i finished

"gurrllll, is he at least cute." she laughed "yes"
"did you get his number"
"yes"
"did he-"

"natalie we're just friends and just met, don't worry about it"i laughed

"ok. do you wanna get ready and leave here. we have a class in the morning and i don't want to be tired"she asked me

"yeah that's fine with me."i agreed

she called an uber and we walked outside waiting for our car to show up.

once we got in and drove home, i walked through my bedroom door and over to my bed, scrolling through twitter. i exited out of the app and got up. i changed into a long t shirt and flopped back onto my bed, turning the lights off.

i turned my tv on, watching reruns of full house until i could fall alseep.