6. The Legend of Notcis the Moon Demon

Believer by Imagine Dragons

First things first

I'mma say all the words inside my head

I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh ooh

The way that things have been, oh ooh

Second things second

Don't you tell me what you think that I could be

I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh ooh

The master of my sea, oh ooh

I was broken from a young age

Taking my sulking to the masses

Writing my poems for the few

That look at me, took to me, shook to me, feeling me

Singing from heartache from the pain

Taking my message from the veins

Speaking my lesson from the brain

Seeing the beauty through the...

Pain!

You made me a, you made me a believer,

Believer!

Pain!

You break me down, you build me up, believer,

Believer!

Pain!

Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain

My life, my love, my drive, it came from...

Pain!

You made me a, you made me a believer,

Believer!

(^)(^)(^)(^)(^)

A long, long time ago. Mankind began to waged war with the Creatures of Grimm. At first, mankind was losing war to the creatures, that is until they discovered the power of Dust. Since then, they fought back and created civilization.

However, a third world power had risen.

The Monsters.

It became a triple war, forcing human and Grimm to not only fight each other, but against them as well. And of all the Monsters that they encountered or fought, one truly stand above them all.

Noctis the Moon Demon.

The Silver Rathalos of the Moon. Legends says that this monstrous beast is born from the moon itself, hence why it was broken in the first place. Some even said this is a spawn from a god who had enough of people abusing power and the natural resources of Remnant and created Noctis to restore the balance. It also had a sport for beheading people who dare tried to hunt it's own kind down. Even one time, the four Seasonal Maidens band up to eradicate the Monster once and for all. But during in the midst of the battle, the Moon Demon revealed one of his deadliest trump cards.

Noctis is immortal.

No matter how much damage the Maidens inflicted on him, he is never closer to death. It won't help that his abilities and  powers are more deadly, versatile and powerful since he is powered up by the moon, literally earning him the nickname 'Moon Demon'.

Eventually, the Maidens are all worn down, as Noctis seeks to kill them and take their heads as trophies. However, just as he is about to behead the Spring Maiden, he felt that they weren't a threat to the balance. Rather, they were a part of the balance. Noctis lowers his clawed foot as they stood up. They tensed as they were eyed by the Monster.

Noctis grunts as he nodded, knowing they're mankind's protectors as he is to the Monsters. He spread his wing and flew away. The Maidens look at each other and understood that Noctis is a protector.

Since then, sights of the Moon has been a rare sight to see despite few actually seeing them themselves.

(^)(^)(^)(^)(^)

Ziana sighs in relief as they entered their village once again. Zen and Alexa decided to hit the springs and relax.

Honestly, all she wanted to do is curled up in her bed and sleep all day long. Walking at their doorstep, she opens it and placed her Long Sword on the table.

"Hey beautiful." Ziana groggily turns and sees Johnny leaning a wall. "You look like you need some beauty sleep." He teased.

"Put a sock in it." She yawned, putting a hand on her mouth.

Johnny chuckles before scooping up Ziana bridal style. Hr then walks towards her bed and gently placed her there as he is on top of her. "Feeling more better now?" He asked.

"... maybe a few rounds wouldn't hurt I guess." Ziana giggled as she grabs his face and kissed him.

(^)(^)(^)(^)(^)

Unbeknownst to the couple making out, they were being watched by a certain Moon Demon. Noctis grunts as he watched the rest of the village being in peace aside from children running around shouting. He looked on with some would say a genuine smile.

The only time he smiled like that was when he was with Athena. A Gold Rathian and his mate.

Months after a fight with the Maidens, he encounters Athena. The two fell in love with each other. Until, one day, 'she' came with her pawns and tried to kill him.

Salem, the Queen of the Grimm.

Noctis managed to drive them off, but not before his mate was severely injured. With her dying breaths, she confessed her love for him before she died on the spot. Since then, he still mourned for her.

Had Noctis' color not been silver, anyone could see a tear rolled down his face. But he wiped the tear off with his wing before his face hardened. He vowed to eradicate her and her accomplices one by one.

And he'd done a damn good job killing Tyrian, Hazel and Dr. Watts. Thanks to another deadly trump he has.

Because whenever he killed one of them each time, he also damages the​ soul to the person their linked with, in their case Salem. And unlike normal injuries, it's permanent and can't be healed. Therefore there's a good chance Salem is severely weakened over the years that came.

Forgetting what he just thought of now, Noctis looks down to see Ziana and Johnny in bed covered by sheets, presumably naked after their 'fun'.

With nothing else to do, Noctis spreads his wings and flies away, his markings glowing as they were bathed by the moonlight.