Chapter 11 - Keeping the Family Safe

~Okay, I'm gonna try to update once or twice a week so I won't keep anyone waiting. 

~~~~~~~

 [Mitch's POV]

I watched as Alex talked to police officers and Annabeth was on the phone with Jolie, who was in panic.

Both were in shock blankets, since paramedics were called to scene for anyoe who was injured. Thankfully, nobody got hurt.

"Jolie, calm down, nobody was hurt, only a few costly damages... Yes, we're both okay, and so are Parker and Sawyer.... I'm just telling you its safer to stay with your parents, you and Kena.... I'll leave the dogs with Chris...." she said, then I turned to Alex.

"We were planning the candle vigil for our friend who recently passed away, and the shooting just came out of nowhere," Alex explained.

"Did you see the attackers??" the cop asked as Annabeth nodded.

"All i saw was a black pick up truck. I couldn't see a plaque number or face," Alex said. "But there's security cameras around the house. I'm sure we got something to help."

"Well, we'll take the cameras and get a clue to look for the attackers. but i suggest nobody stay in the house until we determine its safe to return," the officer said.

Annabeth and Alex nodded and the officer takes the camera memory card before they leave.

Annie and Alex return the blankets to the paramedics as they left.

"I told Jolie we'll handle things," Annie said as she closed the door.

"Okay. You guys pack Kena and Jolie's stuff," I said as I made myself appear.

"I'll call Chris and tell him to come pick Parker and Sawyer," Alex said.

I nodded as me and Annie went to get everything packed.

I packed Kena's stuff and looked over and saw pictures of her with me or Jolie.

I looked at the one of me and her at my wedding.

I felt tears fall and wipe them away as i slumped on the bed.

I was fucking stupid that night. I let drinking get over me and now, Kena's gonna grow up without me.

I was startled by a knock at the door. I look up seeing it was Annie.

"You okay, bud??" she asked, giving me a small smile.

"I fucked up big, didn't i??" i said.

"Mitch," she said, walking up and sitting next to me.

"Look, we all make mistakes in life. You can't be so hard on yourself. Kenadee will always love you, and so will Jolie. They're just mourning," Annie said.

I sighed and nodded. "I just hope they can forgive me," i said.

"They will," she said.

It was then Alex walked in.

"Okay, we should get going. Chris is on his way," he said.

We nod and get going.

It was then there was a knock.

"Mitch, quick!" Annie whispered loud.

I panicked and quickly disappeared in time to see Alex open the door and Chris run in.

"Everyone okay?! What happened here?!" he exclaimed.

"Yeah, we're fine. look, someone might be after the Lucker's. We need to keep them safe. We packed the girls's stuff, you take Parker and Sawyer to the band house," Alex explained.

"Alright, anything to keep them safe. Just weird this happens after Mitch died," he said, Annie handing him the leashes. "Its crazy."

"That ain't the only thing that's crazy right now," Alex muttered.

Soon Chris got the dogs and their stuff in his car before he came back.

"What about you guys??" he asked.

"Annie will crash at my place for a while," Alex said. "We still got the vigil to talk about an-"

I accidently sneezed for some reason and everyone froze.

Chris looked in my direction with a shocked face.

I looked down and realized i accidently made myself appeared.

"What the fuck....??" he said, looking like he saw the coming of Christ.

Oh shit, again?!

~~~~

Picture of Chris Garza--->>