The Search :Undercover

Having the girls sleepover was a good idea, we were all in need of some girl time. We need to catch up on this weeks gossip from school.

The sleepover was going good being a spur of the moment decision I thought to myself. Our girls night are usually held at my place since I have the largest house and I'm always by myself with the exception if Linda.

We weren't suppose to do anything tonight but we were at lunch at school and we heard people talking about Molly, one of our upperclassmen friends, got a hot new college boyfriend, when we realized we hadn't talked in ages. Ok maybe it was a couple of days, or a few class periods.

As I was walking to my room to get a movie that Michelle desperately wanted to watch I heard the doorbell ring.

" Sophie the pizza is here" I yell from across the house. It amazes me that even though the house is so big, you can hear what people are saying as if you were in the same room.

"Why are you telling me" she asks. She's probably already comfortable by the couch.

"So that you can open it, dummie" I say coming down the stairs with "The Notebook" in my hand. We practically watch this movie every time we have a sleepover and we never get tired of this movie, it's so sappy and unrealistic but the end always gets me.

"Why do I always have to get the door" whining completely reminding me of her 5 year old little sister, Samantha.

"Because we all know you have a thing for the delivery guy, so we agreed you should be able to flirt with him while you get our pizza"I say knowing it was gonna bug her.

Sophie hates to admit when she has crushes, she's the youngest of us all and the most innocent. The few months that we have over her always seem to bother her. She's just turned seventeen and the rest of us are either already 18 or about to turn, like me.

Sophie and I both don't believe in relationships, we have crushes and all but we both seem to have to understand that boys are no good, unlike Sarah, Michelle and Emma who had boyfriends, not at the time but still.

"I do not!" she says pleading me to believe her.

"Umm yea, you kinda do its super obvious Sarah" I say trying to sound annoying so that it bothers her.

"Fine. I guess I'll open it then" she says still not pleasesd with the idea of getting up. But as she walks away is see a small smile on her face.

"Alright you go do that while I put on our movie, is thay okay with you?" I ask as I go down the stairs, straight to the living room not even waiting for an answer. Knowing Sophie and how much of a hopless romantic she is only about movies, she would be more than okay with watching a Nicholas sparks movie.

I handed the movie to Michelle as I took a seat in the couch where Emma had already taken a seat in.

Both slouching back with popcorn bowls next to them and coffee in their hand.

Back in the day when we were pre-teens, most of us 12 or 13, the girls used to make fun of me because I would always drink coffee. They said only older people drank coffee but since I always saw Linda and dad drink it I drank it to, it was my addiction, it still is. Now 5 years later they drink it as much as me or more according to Emma.

Later that night, once we finshed the pizza we put the tv on mute so that we can talk and one by one we fell asleep. When we woke up, all hell broke loose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard something in the kitchen about 5 minutes ago but I'm to scared to get up and check. Or maybe a little bit lazy too. We really shouldn't have watched that scary movie last night but I'm a sucker for them.

I decided that I should get up and see what was the noise about. I mean monsters exist only in movies right?

But never in a million years I would think that I would see my father standing in the kitchen making breakfast.

Why so rare you ask?

Why wouldn't my father be at home, like a normal parent.

Well you see, my father works in the city about 4 hours away, and since he's always busy with work he rents a condo depending where he's working. He never has the time to come so when he does its always a surprise.

My dad and I always had a simple relationship. He sends me money, gives me a call once in a while and I don't do anything dangerous or stupid that will get me noticed. That's how it works between us.... always has....

Although it kinda sucks, I like that I have more freedom than the rest if the kids my age and that my dad trust me enough to not worry about me.

I'm not saying it's cool that we rarely see each other but we usually try to have a simple relationship. We trust each other so we never have problems.

When he turns around and notices I'm there he comes close and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey honey, how have you been" he says putting a plate in the counter for me.

"Good, daddy"

"How many do you want?" he asks holding up the plate of pancakes.

"2 please"

"Go wake the girls and ask how many they want, I noticed they stayed over, you know that I love when we have a full house" he says setting plates in the table instead.

"Okay I'll be right back but I'm pretty sure they're all gonna want at least 5 Dad" I say knowing that I'm right.

I walk back to the living room and jump on the couch waking up Emma and Michelle.

"Heyy" I hear Emma groan from under the blankets. Both of them just pull each their blankets over their heads.

I'm the only morning person and they hate when I wake them real early.

"Alright guys wake up, there's pancakes in the kitchen" I yell loud enough to wake the others.

Yupp they seem to like that because as soon as say it all the girls get up and rush into the kitchen, beating me.

By the time we finish eating the girls and I have plans for the rest of the day.

I turn to ask my day if I can borrow the car so that we can drive to the mall and I notice that he looks concerned.

"Dad, what's up?"

"Girls, I don't know how to say this but I need to ask you guys a favor" he says.

"Dad what is it?" I ask. My dad never stresses to much about anything but work so it has to be about that.

"Can you guys sit for a while longer

So that I can explain."