4

JUNHEE POV

It was the day my brother got back from his military service. My dad really went over board with this one, he threw a home coming party for my brother, almost all our neighbours were there.

Mrs. Choi: Junhee ya, illiwa..

(NP: My love by Lee Hi)

Mom led me to my room and sat on my bed. She looked around my room and smiled. The pictures on my mirror she laughed at. There was one with me and Joohyeon playing in the sand when we were kids.

Mrs. Choi: I remember this, this was your 5th birthday. You ate so much ice cream cake that day that you almost stained yourself in the car, your dad was driving so fast. You kept on crying in the back seat. Jonghyun tried to calm you down by making funny faces.

She smiled at me and asked me to sit beside her. She held my hands and look at my face.

Mrs. Choi: Mianhae, Junhee.

Junhee: Eomma..

Mrs. Choi: I know ive been a big burden on you since the sickness, please forgive me. from now on I would like you to live your life like how you want it to be. if you want to quit the piano its fine.

Junhee: Eomma.. aniyo..

Mrs. Choi: I would love for you to play a song for me tonight.

Junhee: Eung, eomma

She smiled at me and hugged me so tight.

Tears started flowing in my eyes. i think i know what shes talking about. im not ready for this. this cannot happen, not now. My eyes for shut and I couldnt feel anything. My heart beating loudly against my chest. I breathe in but the tears couldnt stop falling.

Junhee: Eomma, saranghae.

Mrs. Choi: Saranghamnida nae ddal.

She kissed me on my forehead.

Mrs. Choi: Be smart but dont ever forget to do the things you love.

The tears just filled up my eyes and fell on my cheeks. My mom wipes them.

Mrs. Choi: Cha, i bet everyone is looking for us downstairs. ill go ahead, fix yourself, you look like an ugly maid.

We both chuckled. I ran to her and hugged her tight.

She closed my door and said shell wait for me downstairs.

i locked myself in the bathroom and i cried my heart out. i was crying so hard that ive gotten the hiccups. looking in the mirror made me realize alot of things that i have left out on doing with my mom and everyone else. i should make it up to them until im here ill do my best.

I washed my face and fixed myself to head downstairs. As i reach the bottom of the stairs I was welcomed with an applause.

Mr. Choi: Here she is, good timing junhee-ya, your brother and his friends has just gotten here. lets hear your piece.

JISOO POV

We arrived at Joohyuns house, it was so packed that we couldnt even find a parking lot but good thing i live next door so i just parked the car at our house after dropping them off and walked over.

I could here the people cheering inside their house so I quickly opened the door with a big smile on my face.

Everyone went silent and looked at my direction.

I saw Junhee sitting on the piano and was about to play. I gave her two thumbs up and winked at her. Joohyun came and grabbed me from the crowds attention. Junhee started to play. She plays so good. Joohyuk caught me lost in my own thoughts and nudged me.