First Date

TEN MONTHS AGO

"Hey!" He beamed at me, the brightest smile.

"Hey? You're two hours late!" I yelled at him.

"I'm sorry." He looked at me with hopeful eyes. I was burning with rage.

How can a guy be so irresponsible on the first date?

I wanted to kill him at that very moment but I don't know why, I wasn't that angry to do so. In fact, looking at him, I felt so much better that I'd just let go the fact that I waited for this guy for two long hours. I was smiling inside but I had to be tough outside, maybe for the fun of it. He looked so cute when I yelled at him. So I did again.

"Sorry? That's it? Wow! I waited for you, for two freakin hours, I called you a million times, I don't even know this place but I'm here, for you, and you say sorry. Amazing!" I looked away and started walking.

"Natalie!" He grabbed my wrist, gently. That's it. That's all he had to do to make me fall in love with him. Fuck that I waited for this guy under the sun, fuck that I looked like shit, I loved the way he had held me and the way he was directly looking into my eyes. Nothing else really mattered. "You waited for me so long. You shouldn't have but you did, for me." He walked closer. "I don't know if I can do anything to make it up. I'm really sorry." I couldn't hold it anymore. I was screaming inside.

Damn! Kiss me already.

"Take me to the beach!" I grinned. "I'll forgive you."

This guy I'm with, is not right for me. Everything is uncertain with him but I want it. He is mysterious and that's what I crave. I need him closer and I want to be his everything. After all, months of crushing and stalking, finally paid off and I'm gonna make the most of it from this date.

We're only going forward.