Chapter 1

Amber

"Well if you're going to complain than do it yourself." I say rolling my eyes.

"I'm just saying. If you want it to be better listen to me." my best friend Brooke says smirking.

"Fine, whatever, just get out." I say pushing her out the door and closing it behind her.

My name is Amber Jhene Lynne. I'm 17 years old and I live in Atlanta, Georgia with my mom. I have an older sister named Heather but she goes to Virginia State. Our father died when I was around 10 and ever since my mom is barely home.

I have 1 best friend. Her name is Brooklyn but I call her Brooke. I've known her since diapers and that's my day one

"Just listen to me damn." Brooke says through the door.

"I don't even know what it is I'm suppose to do." I say sighing hard.

"Instead of doing the song down the octave, go up the octave." She says and I roll my eyes.

"Aren't you suppose to be a dancer?" I ask rolling my eyes.

"Dancer or not, those 4 years in band did me justice." She says and I laugh.

"Alright fine I'll do it." I sigh and roll me eyes.

I clear my throat and sing Hold This by Jacquees and Dej up the octave like told. I stop and wait for a response. They open the door and smile.

"Bitch I think you're ready!" Brooke says smiling. "There is no way they can't pick us for that tour." She says.

"You might be right. Just don't fuck up." I laugh and she sucks her teeth.

"Yeah whatever, let's just go to your house and eat all the food." She says turning around walking out.

"You gone have to start giving me food stamps dammit!" I say following her.

We walk out of the abandoned building and head towards my house. We walk in and set our stuff down. The first place Brooke goes is the kitchen while I go up to my room. There's a note on my bed and I pick it up.

'Left on a business strip. Be back in a month or two. Don't use this card unless it is an emergency Jhene, I mean it this time. Love mom <3'

I pick up the card and smirk. She knows everything is an emergency with me. I walk back down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"So what are you wearing tomorrow?" Brooke ask taking a huge bite out of her apple.

"It's up to you Brooklyn. I really don't care." I say shrugging.

She whips around from the pantry quickly and smiles at me.

"Oh really now?" She says smirking.

"Oh brother." I say rolling my eyes. "Here we go."

"How about we wear the matching jerseys we got for each other and a pair of shorts?" She says and I look at her crazily.

"It's actually a normal outfit this time." I say surprised.

"If you don't like that outfit then we can wear some platforms and a-"

"And there goes the crazy." I say cutting her off.

"Hey! Platforms are pretty cute. But whatever, we'll wear the jerseys." She shrugs.

"Well I've dealt with you for too long. I'm going to sleep. Please don't fuck up the house." I say getting up.

She tells me goodnight and I walk up the stairs to my room. I plop on my bed and open my phone and open instagram going to Mateo Bowles's page. He was live so I clicked on it.

"To all the people in ATL I hope y'all ready for tomorrow for the auditions." He speaks and looks to the side and smiles.

He turns the camera to Jade and she poses and smiles.

"Make sure all my singers pull up for me. Don't let me be the only singer on tour." She says laughing.

Out of nowhere Imprint comes up and pushes her.

"Yada yada yada. I need more girls on this tour so please pull up ladies." He says smiling.

"Ooooohh I'm telling Dallas!" Mateo yells.

Imprint runs up to Mateo and the live ends. I laugh and put my phone on the charger. I turn my lights off and close my eyes, going to sleep.