(01) Surprises Come When You Least Expect

KAI: "This is the last time I'm gonna say this... I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP."
REI: "Always a pleasure talking to you, Kai."

🙊🙊🙊

DISCLAIMER: This story is a Fanfiction for the original Beyblade series. I don't own any of the characters you recognize from the series. Thank you and enjoy! 😍

🙊🙊🙊

CHAPTER ONE

Kai enjoyed the company of cats. It could be because they were kind of like him. They were just there beside him, purring and content. Unlike dogs, cats didn't need to be constantly petted or told that they were a good boy. They were sure of themselves just like he was. As he placed the bowl of milk on the floor, he watched patiently as the two black cats he had been caring for slowly approached it.

Another training day was done. After the world tournament 6 years ago, Kai resigned himself as a coach for a new team of up and coming beybladers. He moved back to Russia and decided to open a proper center where interested individuals can come and practice. None of that Boris camp shit anymore. Soon enough, he was approached by the government to train a bunch of misfits to become the next year's beyblade world champions.

On his free days, Kai would reluctantly meet up with Yuriy and have a drink. Even if Yuriy didn't want to be his partner years before, they both admit that they have gotten quite close. Truth was, as annoying as Yuriy was, Kai enjoyes his company. He always seemed angry at the world. Today was no different.

Later that night, Kai listened as Yuriy talked (more like ranted) about how bad his day went. "It was really fucked up. I'm never going back to that place again. You'd think that they'd be a respectable establishment after being in operation for 15 years." Yuriy was saying and Kai just nodded absent-mindedly. Yuriy knew he wasn't that interested but he appreciated that he pretended to listen anyway. Sometimes a man just needs someone to vent out to when the alcohol isn't working or if he can't get laid.

But tonight, Yuriy said something that captured Kai's attention. "I think I saw Rei Kon earlier. He was with that Mariah chick."

Kai looked up from he glass of vodka he had been keeping warm for an hour now. "Hn. That's great. I heard they're getting married." He stated before he took a long gulp.

"Yeah... It was weird though. Rei looked kind of stressed, especially when he spotted me. He quickly turned away, like the fuck? We can't say hi now?" Yuriy paused. "Not that I wanna say hi. I don't see anyone else from the old days, just you."

"That's gay, even for you." Kai smirked. After two or three more rounds, they decided to call it a night. Yuriy dropped Kai in front of his apartment.

"See you next time, Kai. Keep in touch." Yuriy stated, "No, actually don't... I'll visit you at the center when I come back."

"Sure. Safe flight, Yuriy." Kai said with a wave. He wasn't a talker but Yuriy slowly grew on him as a close friend now. He watched as Yuriy's black sedan disappeared in the distance.

Another day, another day. He thought bitterly as he dragges himself up to the third floor where his bed was waiting for him. Ever since he became a coach, he was too busy and tired to pick up women. Of course, Kai Hiwatari picked up women. He was a man afterall.

Kai was fiddling with his keys when suddenly...

"Kai."

Kai dropped his keys in surprise. "Jesus Christ!" He swore while he glared at a familiar face he wasn't expecting to see tonight. "You sure know how to creep up on people, Rei." He glanced at his wristwatch. "It's three thirty in the goddamn morning. What are you doing here?"

Kai couldn't see Rei clearly because of the dim lights, shadows, and maybe because he was a little tipsy from the vodka. Russians could drink 10 liters of vodka and not feel a thing but Kai wasn't a drinker. He knew it was Rei though. He recognized his golden eyes anywhere.

With an annoyed grunt, Kai bent down to pick up keys. "Well, are you going to stand there in silence or tell me what you are doing in my apartment building at three in the morning?" He went back to finish the task of unlocking his door. It clicked open.

Rei let out a sigh. "I need your help but don't freak out."

Kai froze and glanced back at where he was standing in the shadows. "Freak out about what?"

"Well, I was out with Mariah when some weird gypsy woman approached me, saying weird things, and now..." Rei trailed off much to Kai's annoyance.

Kai was tired and sleepy. He had a long day and he was going to have a longer one tomorrow. He wasn't looking forward to that. As much as he was glad Rei came to see him, he was a bit puzzled and annoyed that Rei couldn't pick a more appropriate time. Come on, who sees an old friend at three in the morning?

But Kai's annoyance was quickly replaced with surprise as Rei finally stepped out of the shadows. "The hell?" Kai swore, not sure if he was just seeing things or if Rei was now a woman. "You have boobs!"

Rei burst into tears. "I know! It's horrible and I cry like a woman too! I am a woman! I took a nap and I woke up with boobs and a vagina!"

If Kai was tipsy and disoriented minutes ago, he wasn't now.

🙊🙊🙊

A/N: Hey guys! So what do you think of our first chapter? Yes, it's short and sweet. Haha. I really miss Beyblade so I'm writing about them again. Looking back, I found myself laughing at Kai's funny one liners. Man, he was a sassy sexy man. Toodles! xx