(06) The Yuriy Theory

Epilogue

Being around Kai and Rei was nauseating. They were all over each other, well, mostly it was Rei but you could see it in Kai's face that he was enjoying it. Yuriy watched as Rei leaned his head on Kai's shoulder for the nth time that night. God, what is it with new couples that I get sick of looking at them? He thought bitterly.

From what Yuriy gathered, Rei didn't go back to China. Instead he had decided to stay here until Mariah decides to forgive him. He sends her messages every other day to check in. He wanted to maintain their friendship but Mariah didn't want to. "It's hard for exes to be friends." Yuriy stated earlier. "It just is. It rarely happens so when it does, you better be thankful."

"Mariah and I have been friends since we were children. I trust that she will find it in her heart to forgive me in time." Rei hopefully replied. "Lee is pretty upset though but he said he had a feeling that my heart was somewhere else." Rei glanced at Kai and smiled.

Kai got Rei a temporary job at the center as a substitute trainer. While they were there, Kai made it clear that they should keep it professional. Rei completely agrees. "Of course, Kai. It would look bad if the trainers keep on kissing and touching each other." Rei said. "Thanks for the job!" He gave Kai a side hug.

Yuriy frowned as he took the last shot of vodka in his glass. "Well, I have an early day tomorrow. Flying to England." He informed the couple. "Do you guys want me drive you home?"

"We're fine. Thanks, Yuriy." Rei replied. It seemed like he had become Kai's spokesperson.

Yuriy suddenly missed being able to drink with his buddy alone. It wasn't the same. Rei was always with him. He considered Kai a friend... family... but Rei was not. He couldn't talk openly like he used to. "Alright, call you guys soon. See ya!" He said as he stood up and placed a couple of bills on the table.

"Safe flight." Kai stated to which Yuriy nodded.

Man, new lovers are bad to hang out with. He thought as he entered his car. He started the engine and began driving out to the almost empty high way. Well, it was already close to four in the morning. As he made a turn to his home, he felt a cold steel on his neck. He froze and immediately stepped on the brakes.

"Keep driving, Ivanov." A familiar voice said. "You seem rusty. I've been sitting in the backseat for a while now and you never noticed me."

Yuriy didn't dare make a move. "Put the knife down."

"Drive or it's your life."

From her voice, she was serious.

"Alright. Calm down." He stepped on the gas.