Picnic

I sat on the floor of the shelter, cats climbing all over me. I was going to get a cat because, well I love cats. 4 kittens were cuddling against me. There were 2 Aegean, one with half white half black fur the other with half white half brown. The other 2 were Bombay, all white fur. I look around at each one of them, thinking which one I should take home, when I break.

I drive back home, 4 kittens crawling around the front seat of my truck. I was trying to keep them out of my way while I was driving. My phone rings showing Ema's name on the caller ID. I answer the call and put it on speaker phone.

"Hana were having a picnic under the cherry blossoms, where are you right now?"

"Well I was headed home but I can stop by" I say. One of the cats starts to meow very loudly and it catches Ema's attention.

"Did you get cats?" She asks excitedly.

"Yeah. Hey, you want me to get anything at the store?"

"No were good, we have everything we need"

"Alright I'll be there in a little bit" Before I hang up I hear Tsubaki singing in the background. "Is everything ok there?" I ask.

"Yeah Tsubaki's just had a little too much to drink"

"Ok" I laugh and hang up. One of the kittens climbs up on my lap, laying down. I smile.

I make it, carrying all 4 kittens in a basket. I couldn't leave them in the truck and I didn't have enough time to bring them back home. I find the Asahina's and place myself and the basket next to them.

"What's in the basket?" Masaomi asks.

"Oh just-" one of the kittens pops it's head out of the basket, looking around curiously.

"Kitten!" Wataru crawls towards me excitedly, taking out the kitten that had its head popped out.

"Yeah. Kittens are in the basket" the others jump out of the basket and explore. They each walk over to Wataru. His face lights up even more.

"What are their names?" Ema asks.

"Oh, I haven't named them yet. I was going to when I got home"

We all continue talking, it was now dark outside. The moon was up, lights turning on around us. Tsubaki then decides to sits down complaining we were out of drinks. Ema volunteers to go get them, so I was left with Wataru, Masaomi, Azusa, a drunk Tsubaki and Natsume.

"You want some?" Tsubaki asks, slinging an arm around my shoulder and putting a cup in front of my face. His head was leaning against mine, my body supporting his.

"No thanks"

"Aww come on, loosen up a bit" he says.

I take it from his hand and place it on the ground. "I said no"

I could feel the chains holding my tongue back breaking. I felt like giving him a snarky remark, but I don't. Subaru and Ema arrive, bags in their hands.

"Guys where's Wataru?" Someone asks while I try to detach Tsubaki from me.

We all look towards the pond, he was leaning over the fence with a stick in hand trying to get the duck to quack. Natsume sprints over as Wataru leans forward more. Wataru falls back for some reason, making Natsume trip over him and fall into the pond.

Everybody was standing, watching him fall in. Tsubaki then walks over and tries to help him out but lets go, talking to Wataru about something.

"Why did you let the drunk one try to help him?" I ask Azusa laughing.

He just shrugs as Natsume gets out. Ema goes to help him dry off a little while everyone else stands around.

"I gotta go now, see you back at the house" I round up the kittens, putting them back in the basket, and walk to my truck.

I get in the drivers seat placing the basket beside me. Before I turn the keys in the ignition the passenger door opens and someone slides into the seat. Tsubaki was smiling at me.

"Can I hitch a ride with you?"

"Sure"

I turn the key and start driving. I hear a shuffle beside me but don't take my eyes off the road. There wasn't any centre console so Tsubaki slid closer to me, his arm reaching over the back of the seat. I keep driving, ignoring how close he was.

"I gotta stop by the pet store so we'll be home a little later than the others" I say, placing my foot on the break when the person in front of me stops.

The other cars around us start honking. We were stuck in traffic, there was an accident further up the road stopping traffic. I lean back in my seat annoyed. Tsubaki's arm moves from the seat to my shoulder. He started to lean in closer to me, his mouth right next to my ear.

"Are you sure you didn't come here on purpose?" He whispers.

"What are you talking about?" I snap.

"Maybe you wanted alone time with me, away from my brothers and sister"

"You wish" I try to push him away but it doesn't work.

He starts to kiss my ear, moving down to my neck. It makes me feel very uncomfortable, since pushing him away wouldn't work I thought I'd try something else. I honk the horn, making him jump off of me. I smirk as traffic starts to move.

I get some cat food, cat toys and some other things before heading home. I managed to keep Tsubaki off of me the entire time. I park the truck and carry the bags and basket full of kittens inside. I bring it up to my room, setting it all down when I get inside. I let the kittens out and plop on my bed. The kittens start to crawl all over me and the doorbell rings.

"Come in, its open" I yell.

Azusa and Tsubaki walk in, dodging the bags on the floor. Tsubaki stood rubbing the back of his neck while Azusa had his arms crossed.

"Tsubaki would like to apologize for what he did earlier" Azusa says.

"And he can't say it himself?"

"I'm sorry, I was a little drunk" Tsubaki says.

"A little" I grumble.

I stand up leading both men outside. "Azusa you should stop apologizing for Tsubaki's mistakes. I get that you're brothers but it's his responsibility to apologize"

I close the door and walk back to my bed, instantly falling asleep when my body touches the bed.