3

Imagine you bumping into your abusive ex-boyfriend on your way to work at the café and Audrey protecting you.
-----------

You stood frozen as you saw someone you said you never wanted to ever see again.

Your ex, Dave.

You gulped as you hugged Audrey.

This was your way of saying,

'I feel uncomfortable, please keep me safe.'

Being shorter than Audrey, you placed your head on her shoulder, while you wrapped your arms around her shakily.

You had told Audrey about your ex, so when she saw him, she tightened her grip around your shoulders.

Just when you guys thought you walked past him, without him noticing you, he called you.

Your eyes widened in fear, shaking you looked back and saw Dave smirking at you,

"You know, you liking girls is a huge turn on. Although I loved it when you were with me."

You gulped, feeling very intimidated.

"Well, she didn't like being with you, asshole, now leave us alone, we have places to be."

Before you could walk away, your arm was gripped tightly.

You whimpered, "Let me go, please."

That was the last straw for Audrey.

She shoved Dave to the ground, almost bringing you with him, if it weren't for Audrey's quick reflexes.

You both decided it would be best if you took a day off.

You sat in your car. Shaken up, you let Audrey drive.

She unbuckled her seatbelt and leaned over to kiss you.

You gave her a sad smile when you both pulled away.

She placed her hands on your face,

"I love you, and I will never let anyone hurt you."

You smiled, "I love you, too."