Masculinity (KakuHida YAOI)

Hey ^^

so, this is a new twoshot. This is part one. The pairing is KakuHida (yaoi obviously) and is one of those ridiculous fics that had to be written because I couldn't get the plot bunny to leave me alone. Even though I have plenty else to be working on. Oh well ^^ This involves crossdressing and deals semi-seriously with gender roles, mostly as related to clothing. I say semi-seriously cause I'm mostly incapable of being serious about anything. Please enjoy this ^^

DISCLAIMER: I own nothing.

WARNING: As stated above and in the story description, this twoshot deals with crossdressing and is yaoi. If you don't like or don't agree with it then please don't read the rest of this. Thank you (:

--

I was always aware of the stares. I just don't care about them.

I don't thrive upon them, like some people thought. I just understand why people stared at me and am so perfectly comfortable and secure in myself that I'm not bothered. I'd never questioned my choices before amd wasn't going to start. I'd been victim to being called many different names, all as immature and ridiculous as the ones before. I am in high school, after all, and rather unusual. My feelings weren't hurt so much, and I only got angry about what people said if they were purposely and consistently being rude or unkind. There were a few of those people at school.

I am currently picking out which shade of eyeliner I want. Not long ago I ran out and had to go to the store to get some. If only I could pick between 'soft black' or 'deep ebony'... I peer at the eyeliner carefully. I didn't get the difference. They were both black. Why did it matter? I roll my eyes. Whatever. I chose the 'soft black' one and straightened. Some older lady was staring at me, not even bothering to pretend to be choosing out any lipstick like she was when I first waltzed down the aisle. Just because I was wearing a skirt and looking at eyeliner. Some people.

I dump the package of eyeliner in my basket and push it forward. Deidara would be horrified at my lack of regard for the difference in the shades of eyeliner. Like I gave a fuck. Many people made the common mistake of saying Deidara and I were both gay guys who wanted and tried to be girls. That would defeat the entire purpose of being gay. Deidara was what one would call the stereotypical gay male. He wore makeup and skirts and talked in a high pitched voice and babbled endlessly and couldn't possibly be more flamboyant. I am simply a gay male who crossdressed. Well, I don't even like the word 'crossdress'. I disagreed with traditional gender roles entirely.

My purchases are made and I go about my way. I had to go to work soon (I work at the local Hot Topic, because it was the only store that let me wear a skirt. Admittedly only if I wore pants underneath, but I couldn't be picky). And then go home and finish my homework.

--

That Thursday, there was a new kid at school.

His name is Kakuzu and he has a class with me. I knew this only because of the information given to me by Nagato. I wasn't in that class that day. I'd had a dentist's appointment, a simple checkup.

The next day, I woke up feeling like it was the perfect day for wearing my new black skirt. It was a gift from Konan and was a few inches above my knees. The perfect length for the kind of skirt it was. Not short enough to be revealing or even slutty but not long enough to cover up all of my legs just like most pants did. Someone suggested I just wear shorts but it wasn't the same and I didn't like it. The skirt wasn't skin tight, flowy about my thighs, and it went perfectly with my Slayer t-shirt and black combat boots. And I'd put a little bit of eyeliner on. A lot of makeup was not my thing. I needed to practice a lot more and get into college before delving into that.