Part 3

He was holding an envelope. The letter was signed by Jimmy Bradly, the father of Mr. Scott.

-"this is the evidence, Mr. Scott" he said.

-"the evidence of what?" Me. Scott asked angryly.

-"let's read this letter, first"

-"wait.. you can't r-.."

-"I give him the permission" said the instpector "carry on, Mr. Ralph"

-"dear Scott," he read

"I'm really sorry, but I really regret what I did. Please, forgive me.

I'll start speaking about what happened first, when I was ayoung bold man in the marine of Workington. One day, when I finished eating my dinner, I heard my fellows speaking and laughing in loud voice. I understood that they killed someone... I got really afraid. I getting away when one of them saw me.. he said in a horrible way:

-"do you want to join us, little man?"

The others laughed. I didn't know what to say. The man took out a dakker and said:

-"join us.. or die!" That was because I heard them.

At the end, I had to join those very bad guys. Not just bad..but horrible! They've always loved killing people...sometimes without any reason...just for killing! I really wanted to die instead of joining this gang, but I had a family... I had a son..

After four years and half, I resigned from the marine. And that meant that I'll get away from this horrible group of criminals. I created a letter writing office in Liverpool.  But one of those guys hated me so much. He's called Johny Bred. They sent me some threat letters, and finally, said that they'll kill me. I was a horrible man..it became a bad dream for me... a marenight!

I'm your father, Scott. Please, don't be like me. I beg"

Ralph finished reading the letter. We were all surprised, but Mr. Scott said sadly:

-"I've never seen this letter.."

-"and you killed the wrong man" said my friend.

-"w-what are you saying?!" He asked angryly.

-"the card in your pocket, sir, isn't yours. I knew that the one of Mr. Charles has been missed. He put it in your pocket whan you killed him even he didn't see your face. Clever man!"

There was really the identity card which Ralph saw when Mr. Charles visited us.

-" Mr. Charles is the brother of Mr. Johny... his twin. Johny died when he was coming back to Workington...a traffic a ccident. And then, when you became the new boss, you thought he was still here to kill you. But he was innocent. He had never been a bad person. But you wanted only one thing: retaliation. That's because you saw Johny killing your father, but you didn't know his name, or the reason. No one could beleive you that time because you were still young. So you chose to do everything by yourself"

-"but what about the man who visited Mr. Charles?" I asked.

-" that was Mr. Scott" my friend answered "he wanted to tell the gang about the death of their partner, and in the same time to make his victim afraid"
                                                                    ************
Two days later, Mr. Flanangan sent us a letter telling us that they exterminated the gang in Workington. This case had a sad end, but solving mysteries made me fell better, even I didn't do anything interesting. It helped me to clear my mind and study well.

My friend said, ater we finished the exams:

-"it was good, right?"

I just smiled. I knew what he meant.

            "If you want to take a rest, do something you enjoy"

                                                                                     -THE END-