As invincible as a falling star.[Dedication: Shayne Allen, for renewing the hope I almost let go of]

She liked to think she was invincible; as distant and untouchable as the falling stars she wished upon.

The day he fell through the atmosphere of her delicate planet was the day she learned to trust again. He nursed her withered plants, tending the dusty soil with hands so gentle her tears rained down upon the land and she wept, unable to retain her composure.

Within the glimmering kindness of his wise stare, she found a reason for hope. She could let him reside in the heart of her celestial body, let his touch caress her and bring forth brilliant flowers. Because with the flowers of their symbiosis came the butterflies, and their fluttering wings tickled her gace to a rosy blush.

She became one of her favorite stars the moment she started falling for his warm smiles, streaking the night sky with the brilliant colors of love.

Love. The word felt strange in her thoughts. She'd doubted its existence for far too long to remember what it felt like. He consumed her thoughts, brought laughter to her eyes, stabilized the leaning tower of her life...

And if that was love, well, he had made a believer out of her.