The Past of the Pharalynn

Word Count // 724

There are three categories of living things in the eyes of deities that they have dubbed The Three Tiers. In all honesty, they can call it what they want, it's just an extremely fancy hierarchy. There are the Truke (true-k), which are the lowest level and they are barely bothered. Just picture that guy from your class that will never get a better job than the manager of a fast food joint.

Right above them is the is the Fikea (Fee-ka). People is this group are the ones who start major events by doing something small. Rosa Parks can be classified under this field for sparking the Montgomery Bus Boycott by simply saying 'no' to a command.

The third and final group is the Xilafyk (zee-la-fee-k). Their lives are completely laid out for them even before their conception. To bring a bit of pop culture into this; Sam and Dean Winchester could be classified in this field until they did everything in their power to stop what they were told to do.

Anyways, you're probably trying to to figure out what this has to do with this story and, to be as blunt as I can possibly be, it doesn't really matter besides introducing you to the three categories. It is important for me because of my job however.

I'm a Pharalynn (fair-a-lynn), a protector. A pharalynn's job is to make sure that the xilafyk does not die before they complete their task. We are chosen much like the xilafyk, but with one main difference; xilafyk die and stay dead, pharalynns tend to be brought back to preform their task with another charge.

In the early days of the pharalynn, because deities apparently didn't figure out that creating a protector for their precious heroes was a good idea until after a good amount of them were killed, deities chose their human and gave them special abilities to help them with their job. They were given a few supernatural abilities that coincided with the area they were in. These people were also called by a different name.

The term 'angel' sound familiar to you?

Of course it does. Everyone and their dog knows what an angel is. That's why we don't go by that title anymore. Too much publicity which made deities change the formula. No more people with wings and halos. (Which I will add is a lie. They looked like normal humans, they just had knowledge they really shouldn't have and could do supernatural things.

Hell, because of the whole Jesus thing there weren't any protectors at all. Deities waited till the whole craze died down a little bit (Which took about 1000 years. Give or take a few.) before putting Pharalynn's back in the game with a few new rules. The main one being 'don't blow your cover.' Along with the idea that in an animal form you don't talk to anyone who might endanger you or your charge.

They're are a shit-ton of other rules, but I won't bore you with them. Instead I'm gonna explain something a little bit. What you have to realize first is that if we were brought back as a human every time we were resurrected we would look exactly the same as in our previous life. That would raise suspicions as well as questions. Animal forms are the easiest and best way to be able to get back into the game as fast as we possibly can. Plus when we communicate in our animal forms we talk mainly through telepathy.

Since the beginning of what we call The Silver Generation we have been trained by the original protectors and we have gotten as good, if not better, then they were. Certainly better at hiding in plain sight. Even though our minds are still human we can pull off animal very well. Although when we start to travel with our charge we normally let our human intelligence show through. Still no talking, but they can tell that there's more to us than the instincts of our animal.

I was one of the first pharalynns created during The Silver Generation.

My birth name is Kallie, I have lived many lives as many other things. I remember everything from my past, and have decided to create a series of journals documenting what really happened in the lives of my charges.

This is my first Journal. This is where my story begins.