1

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey, guys! This is a story written by myself and @nightshade_bites. We hope you enjoy it!

~

Raven was surprised at how calm and relaxed her twin sister Zyrias was. Zyrias had been kidnapped by the Sith for four years, and it had only been a short time after their mother Karien died when she was taken. But Zyrias was as calm as she had always been when the sisters were together. Raven ignored her thoughts. At least Zyrias was back now.

Zyrias drew her brown hair into a neat braid. Raven was always a bit envious of her sister's hair. Raven had pale hair, but the roots always grew in black. She never understood why. Her hair was always tucked into a messy ponytail. Raven snapped to attention as Zyrias began to speak.

"So you just have to concentrate and relax. Clear your mind," Zyrias said. Raven and Zyrias were sitting on the floor of the cargo hold of Slave I while Jango Fett, their father, did some maintenance work on Tatooine. Zyrias was teaching Raven some of the things she had learned while in captivity. Zyrias had done her best to flush as much of the darkness out of herself that she could. Rather than using her emotions as she had been taught as a prisoner, she focused on her intention. Zyrias would calm her mind and focus as much as she could on what she wanted to do. Raven was trying to clear her thoughts and lift a small ball with the Force, but she was having trouble with it. Zyrias tried to find Raven's energy to see if there was a reason she was finding difficulty. She gasped. There was so much darkness inside of Raven, so much hatred. Zyrias had always known that her sister was pessimistic and somewhat cold, but this was surprising. Raven's blue eyes flew open.

"What? Are you okay?" Raven asked, concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just... it's nothing," Zyrias said. Raven looked like she didn't believe Zyrias but she nodded.

"Should I try again?" Raven said.

"Yes. Clear your mind," Zyrias whispered. Raven closed her eyes, focusing. She sat there for five minutes before sighing.

"I can't do it. There are too many thoughts running through my head. I'm sorry." Raven said, sadly.

Zyrias put her hand on her sister's shoulder. "It's okay. I didn't really want you to try this, but... Use your anger. Use all of your emotions to try and lift it. Let it out," Zyrias said nervously.

Raven looked startled. "Isn't that dangerous?" She asked.

Zyrias sighed. "Maybe, but I think it could work for you. You have to try." Zyrias's voice was quiet since she was so worried about what could happen. She had learned to use her emotions while captive, but she knew that the Jedi suppressed their feelings. That was how to use the light side of the Force, but Zyrias was teaching her sister, who was already filled with dark energy, to use the dark side. Raven closed her eyes. Her face scrunched up, anger radiating off of her. The ball rose up immediately.

Zyrias smiled. "Good job!" She said, but Raven didn't respond. Raven was practically shaking. The whole ship began to rumble. Jango rushed in and gasped at the spectacle.

"Zyrias, what's wrong with her?" He yelled over the loud noise of the ship.

"I... I told her to use her emotions. I think she's stuck! She can't stop until she depletes her energy or falls unconscious!" Zyrias cried out. Raven opened her eyes. They shimmered, the left one emerald green, the right one bright yellow. She let out a cry of pain. She was using so much energy way too fast. There was a loud sound from outside. Jango and Zyrias turned to look out the window. Raven was curled up on her side, shaking from pain. A large chunk of a nearby mountain had broken off into thousands of pieces. And they were all headed for Slave I.

"RAVEN, STOP!" Jango yelled, but she couldn't hear him. Zyrias screamed as the rocks slammed into the ship, and everything went black.