Chapter five

Jade rose to consciousness in the now familiar hospital room. Over time it had accumulated with small gifts from the week she had spent here. edible arrangements, flowers, cards, the normal stuff. But the funny thing was that some people from her school even sent some things for her. which in all honesty, didn't fool jade for even a second.

Jade took in a deep breath, slowly exhaling the dry air. There was a soft knock on her large door leading to her. A young-looking nurse stepped into the room and took her clipboard to Jade's bedside. Jade had come to like this nurse in particular because she didn't sugar-coat things like all of the other nurses always seemed to do. And she smelled like oranges... So that's a bonus.

Her bleach blonde ponytail fell onto her face as she cocked her head to the side with a smile that could surely solve all world problems. "Guess who's getti'n outta this bitch!"

Jade laughed at her last sentence. She was finally free! she had been waiting for what seemed like an eternity and two days for this moment.

Of course, Sam had visited her in all of his free time he could manage. he tried to convince her and his dad to skip school for the week, but he received no such luck. on Fridays though, they would have a small "picnic" with fruit snacks and Cheetos and maybe some coke if they felt like getting fancy. Sam made her feel like this whole situation was totally and completely normal. She loved it.

"REALLY STEPH? YES! JADE IS A FREE ELF!" Jade beamed up at Steph, countering her silliness.

"And hey, great news. NO MORE COUNSELING! unless, of course you want to. but the doctor says it isn't mandatory so..."

What??? This day just kept getting better and better. Jade couldn't begin to put into words how much she hated counseling. Like, two hours a day of cheesy inspiration quotes being thrown at you and over-emotional kids just trying to get enough community service points to graduate? No thank you. she knew her mom wouldn't make her go. and if she didn't have to, there was no way in hell she was.

Steph skipped out of the room to leave Jade in her thoughts once again. her ponytail bouncing back and forth happily. She would have followed her, but considering how many tubes she currently had weaving in and out of her body, it didn't seem like such a great idea now.

Almost immediately after Steph left, Sam came hurdling through the door. He looked like he had been attacked by wolves. His blonde waves stuck out around him and his face had small leaves and blotches of dirt scattered around it.

"Oh my god Sam!" Jade sat up and tried to sort out why the hell he looked so roughed up.

"uh... I kinda fell in the woods trying to take a shortcut to come see you. I wanted to see you wake up, but I wasn't fast enough." he panted through his gasping for air. he plopped down next to Jade on the bed.

"Yeah. I see that. haha. But I hope you do know you don't really need to be with me all the time. It's not like you are my other lung and I'll die without you here." Jade rolled her eyes at her overly sympathetic boyfriend.

Wow... boyfriend ... It still sounded so strange to say. she had a boyfriend ... "Yeah, I guess i'm just a little worried that's all."

----------------

Heyo! i know this is a bit short. :( i'll post over the weekend probably. i've been busy with my schoolwork and other stories, but anyways, see ya! leave a comment and vote! stay strange.