2: Taihei's Flight

"I'm sure school was so tiring today... (sigh.)" Umaru sighed, eating a spoon of buttered-egg rice, together with her Onii-chan. "This meal tastes good, Onii-chan!" She added, eating another spoon of it. "Yesterday, I liked your steak, though." She added once more.

"O-Onii-chan...BTW, I'm eighteen, right?" Umaru asked, finishing her meal. "C-C-Can I get a... b-boyfriend?" She added. "A boyfriend...no, Umaru." Taihei replied. "You can't have your boyfriend yet. You're still high school. And today's your first day of 4A, remember?" He added, washing the dishes, while Umaru wiping the dining table. "Oh." She uttered, gripping her bath towel and kimono for a night shower. "I'm going for a bath, Onii-chan." She said, closing the door.

After Umaru's done with shower, she wore her pajamas and her hoodie. No longer, Taihei's phone rang. "Hello? Taihei Doma on the phone..." Taihei said. "Umm...Taihei? Tomorrow will be our flight to Canada." A familiar voice said. It was Alex, Tachi's brother.

"Okay. Everything's settled." Taihei said, hanging up. In his bedroom are two flight bags, a huge backpack, a passport and some things still off the bags. "I guess...Umaru...be good, alright? Tomorrow's my flight to Canada." He said, taking off his apron. Umaru began weeping softly as Taihei hugs her tightly.

"Don't worry, Umaru. I'll bring home anything you'll ask for. Cola, chips, or anything you want!" He said, grabbing his gray bath towel. "O-Okay...b-but..." Umaru uttered. "Don't fret, Umaru. I'll be home for months. I'm sure you can take care of yourself, can't you?" He added. "Just call me if you need something, okay?" He added once more. Umaru hugged him back.

"It's time to sleep, Umaru. You've got another class tomorrow." Taihei said, stepping to the mattress. Umaru was playing the console but she pauses it every so often, showing regrets, being in the house without Taihei. "O-okay...Onii-chan..." She said, shutting down the game and going to bed. "Umaru, oyasumi..." He said, pulling down the toggle, shutting the lights off. As soon as the room went dark, where the streetlights are shining upon the windows, Umaru's showing remorse. Her tears began dripping from her brown eyes, and eventually she ended up crying.

"Onii-chan...!" She cried. The brother stood up and sat beside the crying girl, comforting her back. "It's okay, Umaru..." He said. "I don't want to be alone...!" She added, rubbing her eyes. "I'm sorry, Umaru. But... this is a promotion chance, you know...Umaru." He said, turning the lights on. He went to the kitchen to drink water, but when he came back he saw Umaru running and throwing herself to him.

"Onii-chan!! Why would you...?" She said. "Don't leave me! No! No! NOOOOOO!" She screamed. Taihei can't help dealing with her, but everything were set and it's gonna happen tomorrow. Taihei got along with Umaru the whole early morning, playing many games and watching anime. Well, while eating chips she bought from the local store, with her brother.

"This is so fun, Onii-chan!" Little Umaru said, drinking cola with Taihei giving a cheer. "Let's play another game!"

"Yeah." He said.

7 AM. Taihei has awoken Umaru from her sleep. It was Tuesday and it was her second day of school, making sure not to miss anything from the day. "Umaru, wake up. You're almost late. Ebina's waiting at the porch." He said, tapping her slightly on the hood. "Umm...Onii-chan..." She muttered. "N-nani!?" She screamed, noticing his Onii-chan in a civilian with heavy bags. "Don't tell me...Onii-chan!" She sadly cried. "This isn't funny, Onii-chan!" She ran towards her brother and hugged him tightly. It was Taihei's flight day and Alex was on the taxi station, waiting for him.

"Well, Umaru... be good, alright?" He said, embracing the crying lonely Umaru standing at the computer. "Umaru... goodbye, Umaru." He said with a smile, leaving through the front door. "ONII-CHAAAAAANNN!!!" Umaru screamed, crying loudly.

The walking Taihei heard every Umaru's struggles. He even heard bangs and cries at the door. He can't help it. He came back once more to hug her himouto. "I will miss you, Onii-chan..." She said. Then he left.