the library guy

It wasn't the first time I saw him there. Sitting alone in the farthest table of this old yet classy library located in the center of this modern town. When you first look at him, he doesn't look like a boy who likes reading, he looks like a boy that should be running across a court while dribbling a ball but who am I to judge?

It's the 21th century and people nowadays prefer Google or Wikipedia for research or school purposes. And its summer, the library is not the best place to spend your summer which made me more curious about this particular guy.

I don't go to this library that often but every time I do, I always see him in his usual spot. I'm a curious girl and I won't stay still until I have answers. I'm that kind of girl. I also think that I'm friendly so why not get my answers on my own.

I decided to go and talk to him, its harmless right?

I walked towards him and sat to the seat in front of him, I expect him to ignore me or get annoyed with me but he didn't. He turned his head and gave me a warm smile. Why do I feel like blushing? He just smiled, he didn't even say a word.

"Is there any problem?" he said. And his voice is one heck of a voice. "I just have a few questions for you, if that's okay"

"Sure" he placed his book down and waited for the questions.

"Okay, I'm going to rant or something so don't judge me okay. I'm just a curious girl. Every time I go here, which is not that often, I always see you here in the same exact spot. And I got curious, like what is he doing here? Is he a nerd? He is too good looking to be a nerd. Is he doing community service? Does he not know of the outside world? How can he spend his summer in this library?" I blurted out.

What can I do? I'm curious as hell.

"Whoa there. Slow down, we have the whole afternoon" he replied.

"I'm sorry, I tend to rant when I'm curious"

"Don't worry, it's okay. It's just that I'm kind of happy because that's the topic of our talk" he chuckled and brushed his hazel brown hair.

I stared at him confusedly. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well people, mostly girls, only approach me to either flirt with me or ask for my number. It's kind of tiring "

Unbelievable. I never imagined him being cocky. "Wow, get over yourself"

"What? You said it yourself that I'm good looking right?" he grinned.

Well he is good looking, or maybe hot for that matter BUT I just met him and what if his attitude is a total turn off? He can't be that 'perfect'.

"Let's go back to the sole reason why I'm here, shall we? " I avoided looking straight into his eyes. His eyes is green and heck my favorite color is green!

"Well you said it yourself that you're a curious girl right? So why not make the most out of it. If you go to this library every day for a whole week, I'll tell you all the answers to all your questions"

Why won't he give me his answers right now? Well I could spend more time with him- but that's not the purpose of this 'talk'. I have no choice if I want to feed my curious head with answers. I held out my hand in front of him. "Fine, you jerk"

"We just met and you only know little of me, it's not right to call me a jerk already" he laughed and took my hand and shake it.

Mark my words, I will know you soon library guy.

______________

The week became blurry. I made a schedule after the meeting with the library guy. I wake up at 7 in the morning every day for a week and go to the library to complete the attendance. Today is the last day of the bet and I'm going to win this.