The Scary Rescuer

Aria groans as she rolls out of bed, her eyes gummy, and her fingers numb from falling asleep in a strange position. "Good morning Aria, get ready for another day. Just because you work downstairs doesn't mean you can sleep in." she mumbles as she stumbles into the bathroom, rubbing her eyes sleepily.

She automatically slaps her fingers on top the radio on the vanity turning it on. The beat up hunk of plasic had clearly seen better days and lets out a stream if fuzz before the happy gospel song blares out of it's one working speaker. Aria smiles a little and slowly wakes up as she gets ready for her day, eventually bobbing and dancing as she brushes her hair and pulls her socks on. She smiles and turns the radio off before leaving the bedroom.

Aria stops just before she enters her kitchen and nervously peeks her head around the door frame, checking for any unexpected visitors like last night. seeing none she lets out a sigh and goes on in preparing a simple breakfast sandwich which she eats quickly before barreling down the stairs and into the shop. She closes the back door of the shop and sighs in relief. "It's sad when I'm scared of my own stairs now." She grumbles at herself before calling out a good morning to her boss.

Mary peeks around the end of the aisle and grins. "You really have to stop mumbling to yourself. What scared you this time?" She asks waving a googly eyed duster she must have been stockign when Aria burst in.

Aria: Sigh and punches in before tying her apron on. "You wouldn't believe what happened last night. even if I did tell you. so let's just say that it was scary beyond reason and left me looking like I fell down an up escelator." She grumbles and comes around to see her boss. "What do you want me to do today?"

Mary: Looks over and gasps. "Woah, you weren't joking about falling down the escelator were you? are you alright? Why am I asking such a stupid question? Of course you're not. You'd better work the counter and deorating for the next few days." She shakes her head and smiles a little. You must be talented at getting yourself into scrapes. You looked nearly that bad when I hired you."

Aria laughs a little at her boss' vague and barely hidden question. "I was assaulted, but it wasn't abuse this time. You can relax. There was some crazy guy that just jumped me out of nowhere. The police came and got him and another guy that rescued. me. The guy that rescued me was scary though, I'm not quite sure what to think of him." she shakes her head and eads for the back of the store to start decorating the custom orders that will be picked today.

"He was tall and broad with scruff on his chin. If you look up the phrase mountain of a man,  you'd see his picture. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a soldier or something like that he has a jaded soul. The kind that fights with everything he has and thinks it's not doing anything." she explains raising her voice to be heard out in the shop.

"I almost feel bad for him" She says after a pause full of crinkling tissue paper. "He looked tired too. Not that it made him any less alert. He reminded me of those soldiers that came through the hospital being treated for PTSD. On full alert, and looking for an enemy behind every trashcan." She pauses and wraps something else amidst a flurry of rustling paper. "Actually it was different, it wasn't that frantic kind of alert. it was almost like he knew trouble was coming and could handle it. Maybe that's why I was able to stand up to him."