Dissapearance Part 1

Sammy and her brother Nathan had strange parents and everyone knew it. People teased Sammy at school and called her names because she was so quiet and never really talked just like her parents. She had never had an actual conversation with her parents but at night she hears them say things like             

"I wish they had never been born!"   and   "Why didnt we have the courage to kill them?"

It was all getting too much to bear and Sammy wished that she had better parents every night she would cry herself to sleep and frequently cut herself hoping the pain of it all would go away.

She felt terrible for her younger brother, who was only 4, because he could barely speak and didn't know what some basic words meant. He didn't go to school because his parents couldn't be bothered to pay for lunches and things like that. He just sat in his plain room which had barely anything in it.

All he had in his room was a springy mattress with no sheets and a thin cream blanket covered in muddy marks. All his clothes laid around on the floor and most of the time he ran around only in his underwear.

The cream coloured paint was peeling off the mould covered walls of the 3 bedroomed bungalow. The floor was littered with clothes and random objects. It looked like the house hadn't been cleaned for years and it was true.

All her parents did all day was go to work and when they came home Sammy didn't see them for the rest of the day. Sammy preferred to be at school because that was the only time she got fed. She had no clue how Nathan hadn't died of starvation already.

But one night, her parents left the house at around 12:00 am. They probably thought she was asleep but she was wide awake. She didn't sleep that night she just patiently waited for them to return.

1:00 am they still weren't home.

2:00 am they hadn't returned.

3:00 am the clock hanging in Sammy's room ticked and ticked.

tick tock tick tock

tick tock tick tock

She waited until the sun rose and finally went to sleep...