Chapter Nine - Take It Out On Me

And I don't know why you never say goodbye to whatever hell he's putting you through, but I can't wait for you to take it out on me. Put your lips on mine. Let me take his wrong and make it right this time. You can just come over, you ain't gotta call. You always got a shoulder anytime it all goes bad. When you're about to break, when you're mad as hell, you can always take it out on me.

----------------------------

As soon as Hook took the last bite of his dinner, Emma reached over and grabbed both of their plates and carried them to the sink. She lathered the dish sponge up with soap and began to glide it over the dishes in the sink, one at a time.

She didn't mind cleaning dishes by hand. In fact, she found it to be relaxing despite all the confusion she had been feeling lately. Thoughts of Regina filled her head again as she began to wash a glass and she wondered what it was about the woman that made her feel so much more safe. Was it because of her connection to Henry or the fact that they had so much in common? Was it because Regina always challenged her in a way nobody else managed to do, even though it sometimes drove her crazy? Or was it simply due to the fact that she always knew when something was wrong no matter how hard Emma tried to hide it?

Thoughts of Regina quickly vanished when Emma felt Hook come up behind her and brush her hair off her shoulder to one side. He leaned down to kiss her exposed skin.

"Thanks for dinner, love. It was delicious."

Emma mumbled, "Yeah, it's not like I have much of a choice." As much as she hated their fights, she was sick of pretending everything was okay between them. He apologized every time but what good was an apology when it just kept happening again and again on a vicious loop? Suddenly, Emma thought of her parents and her perfect fantasy in her mind with Killian and how she wanted the two of them to be better. She regretted the fact that she made the sarcastic comment and laughed it off, hoping he would think she said it as a joke.

"Seriously, Swan? I'm trying to make a nice gesture here and thank you for cooking. You're my girlfriend and it's your job to make sure I'm taken care of and you've been doing a great job."

Emma rolled her eyes. "Killian, it's not my job to take care of you. You're a grown man. I have no problem cooking for you, but you seem to be stuck in your old-fashioned, outdated gender roles from hundreds of years ago regarding what a woman's duties are and it's really getting frustrating." She sighed before continuing. "I don't want to fight. I just want you to know I'm happy doing stuff for you, but you need to stop expecting it from me and treating me like I'm here to serve you." Emma remained calm and internally patted herself on the shoulder for staying strong and taking a stand.

"I know, love. You're right." Emma's eyes widened as she heard him agree. "Let me show you just how much I appreciate you." He kissed her cheek then grabbed her waist and spun her around before kissing her lips. His mouth trailed down over her jawline and down her neck and when it came in contact with her bruised spot, she winced.

"Ouch, Killian. Please stop that. It hurts." She whispered.

He leaned back and studied the purple bruise that he caused, although he barely remembered it happening.

Suddenly, his eyes darkened. "You know... Regina stopped by the house earlier."

"What? Why? What did she say?" Emma's panic was evident but she didn't know how to hide it.

"She saw the bruise on your neck and came to threaten me. What the hell did you tell her?" He growled, his voice growing increasingly louder.

"I didn't tell her anything! She saw it when she stopped by the station and I told her it was a burn from my curling iron...."