Chapter five: choices

This ones kinda short. Don't read if you get triggered easily.

I don't like how you talk about him like that" I said. Violet looked at me, her eyebrow raised. "But I thought you liked me" violet said. I stopped her and looked at her. "I like both of you. But I can't choose over you two. Tate needs me too" I said. Violet rolled her eyes. "But I need you" violet whispered. "Violet. I'm serious. Why can't you and Tate get along?" I asked. "Cause he sucks dick" violet said tracing her finger along her arm. "Every time I ask you or him why you guys can't get along, you guys always say something stupid" I said.

"Why are you getting mad at me?" Violet asked. " I'm not getting mad at you. I just want to know why you two can't get along" I said. "I just can't get along with that asshole" violet said, raising her voice. I sighed and grabbed her arm. "Violet, why do you guys always talk like that about each other?" I asked. "Has anyone ever lied to you?" Violet asked. "Yes. Plenty of times" I said. "Well.... maybe I shouldn't talk about it. If you want to know, go ask Tate, while you jerk him off some more" violet snapped. I looked at her, eyebrow raised.

Violet got mad easily but not like this. "Or maybe ask him while you two cut your wrists in the bathroom together. Or maybe, just go and let him influence you to kill yourself. I mean if you want us to get along. Go kill yourself, maybe it'll do us both a big favor, you know, not pressuring me and him to get along" violet snapped. I looked at her. "Maybe I will. Maybe I'll do it to get away from you. Violet, I'm just trying to help-" I started. "Then go. Kill yourself. No one will care!" Violet said. "I-" I started. "I'm leaving. Have fun. Loser." Violet said before leaving.

I looked at the door. That's when it hit me. I couldn't make them get along. I mean. Tate would be better off without me dragging him down. I mean, look at me, I wasn't even in school. I was nothing. Not a single thing. And violet. She didn't give a fuck. And it was true. My parents were dedicated to their work and my little sister. My other family members hadn't even called me in the past two months we've been here. My brother didn't care. No one cared. I grabbed some paper and a pen.

I started on the one to Tate.
Tate, I'm sorry for what I am about to do. But, just know you'll be better off without me here. Please, don't do anything stupid, and remember, I'll always love you even if I hadn't said it before. Just be sure to stay strong, and promise not to cut anymore. I hope you'll be strong and leave this town, move on. Forever yours, Alyssa Espinoza. Another to my parents and siblings. To my family, I'm sorry for doing this, but I noticed I'm just another person in the house taking up space. I hope one day you can forgive me, I've done this for a reason. A reason you might not ever understand. I hope you guys stay strong, do it for Brianna, she really needs you guys, unlike me, it's my time to go and I can't stay much longer, love your eldest daughter, Alyssa. Then to violet. To violet. I hope you got what you wanted. I'm sorry for trying to push you and Tate to get along, but I won't try anymore, how could I? Anyways, your welcome, from Alyssa.

I got up and rubbed spirits head before going into the bathroom and locking the door. I looked in the mirror. My eyes were red. My mascara smeared. I took a deep breath before opening the cabinet and grabbing out some sleeping pills. I opened up the bottle and dumped about fifteen into my hand and looked in the mirror once more.

"Goodbye" I whispered and started to choke down the pills. I sat inside of the claw foot bathtub and started to feel sleepy. I closed my eyes and let eternal sleep take over. I woke up and felt cool liquid on my body and something in my mouth. "Don't you die on me, not again. Alyssa, don't die on me goddamnit!" I heard the familiar voice yell. I felt the thing in my mouth go deeper. I gagged and the the thing pulled out. I threw up some pills. Afterwards I looked up at him. Tate. Just the sight of him crying and screaming made me cry. "It's okay..." Tate whispered, kissing my head. I felt sleepy again. "The darkness. I can't fight it" I whispered before everything went black.