Chapter 2

Will took me back inside. I looked over to Willow and nodded, "I'll do whatever I must."

She nodded, "Very well, in that case we must take you to our world--,"

"You can't be serious--," Will protested.

She snapped back at him, "It's not safe for her...you've seen what the Penumbras do to her! She might lose herself again Will we can't risk it!"

"It'll be even more dangerous if she comes with. You know what lies ahead."

I noticed that both were becoming progressively more agitated, turning more and more monster-like. Their eyes were shifting to a red color, and their fangs were increasing in length. They were definitely demons.

"We should let her decide for herself Willow!"

"Stop growing soft!"

I was watching the argument become gradually more threatening. They reminded me too much of Fawn and I. We've argued like this all the time. I quickly grabbed a switch blade off a nearby table, "Both of you! Stop!" They didn't listen, I pointed the blade directly at my neck, "Stop or I'll end it right now!"

They both paused, looking at me. Willow looked at me, her voice a low snarl, "Put the blade down. Right. Now. I don't have time for this...," She snatched the blade away from me, sliding it quickly across her palm. A thin trickle of blood dripped down her fore arm. With her other hand, she pulled out a sea-blue pendant, muttering, "Come on hurry up!"

Will ran to her side, doing the same to his own palm, as both of their bleeding hands touched the pendant, it began to glow with a red light. They both motioned for me to come forward. The light felt unexpectedly cold, and grew brighter as I came closer.

Suddenly, we arrived in the middle of a dark cavern, "Come on this way...," Willow said.

After reaching the end of the cave, avoiding sharp rocks, dripping ceilings, and pools of filthy water, we made it out. I looked around seeing a bright green meadow, and trees. The sky was a brilliant shade of blue and the weather was just right.

"Validiem...home to the nonphysical reality of this universe," Willow said, "Be sure to get a good look around, if you stabbed yourself then, this entry point would've been destroyed. And if you try anything like that again, you will get what you wished."

She stormed off towards the edge of a wooded area, before disappearing into the trees. Will and I followed her into the trees. I couldn't help, but be somewhat intimidated by her. Them not being human all the scarier.

"Look," Will murmured to me, "I know Willow may seem...a little harsh, but you have to understand she's been through some dark times. She's only twenty, and she's forced to lead entire armies."

I nodded and asked, "Where are we going?"

"We'll be going to a nearby village to pick up another ally he's...quite an interesting person. We should arrive there by tomorrow morning. After that, we travel for another few miles to headquarters," He replied.

"Don't we have horses or something?" I asked.

Will laughed, "You better get used to the walking, it'll only get worse."

I paused before saying, "If she leads armies...I assume you have a high position as well?"