Partners?

Lydia's POV*

"CRAP!!" I thought as I hurriedly ran down the rows of tents. "Great, my first day in training serving as a veteran and I'm already two minutes late."

Once I got outside, I saw all of the officers lined up. I immediately ran over to them and got in line next to a girl with black hair and purple eyes. She looked me up and down with an amused chuckle. Well excuse me if I slept in! I only had on a black and pink hoodie, white crop top and shorts. My blonde hair dangling with few strands of blue and pink. Whoops, forgot it was still partially died. Hopefully they won't mind.

I met eyes with the girl standing next to me. Damn her eyes were gorgeous. They look amazing with her black hair. Deep purple orbs seemed to illuminate and shine as they stared into mine. I could get lost in them for days. Wait, I shouldn't be doing this. I need to focus. Why is she still staring at me? Oh crap am I staring back!?

"ATTENTION ALL OFFICERS!! I AM MRS. AMY BRUCE, YOUR TRAINING SERGENT!! THIS IS BOOT CAMP, DON'T EXPECT ME TO TREAT YOU LIKE THIS IS A SCHOOL, CAUSE I GOT NO PATIENCE, BUT I DO HAVE A GUN!"

I shuddered at her words. Her large booming voiced seemed to ring and linger through my ears. She's scary.

"NOW EVERYONE WHO IS WEARING A JACKET OR SWEATSHIRT, TAKE IT OFF NOW AND GO PUT IT IN A TENT!! DON'T ASK QUESTIONS, YOU JUST WILL NOT NEED ANY PERSONAL BELONGINGS WITH YOU FOR TODAY'S TRAINING! NOW GO!"

I turned around to notice the girl was already walking toward a tent. I ran over to catch up. As I was about to introduce myself, I tripped and fell on my face.

"Damnit!" I whisper-shouted and tried to steady myself.

The girl turned around and looked down on me. I felt my face heat up as I adjusted my glasses, trying to avoid her gaze.

"Well that's one way to get my attention." She chuckled and reached her right hand out, offering to help me up. "Cat."

I noticed a tattoo on her forearm as she extended her hand out to mine. It was a rainbow heart with two black heart beat strands extending from it. It was so pretty, I kinda want one now.

"L-Lydia." I replied and took her hand. "And thanks."

"No problem. But, listen here," she said and pulled me close. "I'm not here to make friends. So don't expect me to pick you up the next time you fall down, even if you are the cutest girl here." She released my arm and went into a tent.

Wait, she was the first person here to voluntarily talk to me, and now she doesn't even want to acknowledge me? Wait, she even called me... Cute? I blushed and pulled my glasses over my eyes, hoping that no one could see my red cheeks.

I stared, dumbfounded, as I saw Cat walk out of the tent, stretching her arms. She had on a crop top with jagged sleeves, looking as if she tore sleeves off of a t-shirt. It looked... Hot. I watched every step she took back towards the camp center. The way her legs flexed with each step she took. She turned and shot me a stone-cold look, eyes glistening with seriousness. It made my blood run cold and sent a chill up my spine.

Ok let's get this straight. All my life I've been straight. But, Cat. She feels slightly different than anyone here. I've never called a girl hot before. Damn, if I was lesbian, she'd be the one I'd be falling for. Wait, what am I thinking? Aren't I supposed to be getting ready for training instead of imagining myself with another girl, a strong, fierce, hot,

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???"

I looked up and saw all eyes on me.

I immediately swept my hands over my mouth, my face showing obvious regret. Whoops, guess I said that out loud. Maybe I can have feelings for a girl. I guess I've never really thought about it before. I'm supposed to be training, I should probably shut up and go now.