Chapter 1

It is halfway through my 7th grade year. I only have to suffer through roughly nine more years. Everything was going pretty smoothly. As usual, I woke up to my alarm playing Puzzle Pieces by Saint Motel. (It's a great song).

          I get dressed in a t-shirt and some shorts and I practically jump down the stairs. My dad was sitting at the kitchen table watching the TV from the living room and I grabbed a piece of toast that my dad made with eggs and bacon. I shove the piece of toast in my mouth and head to the entryway, where I grab my bag.
             As I head out the door, I check my phone for any notifications. Being the antisocial person I am, I immediately assume not. I was wrong. Some person on Facebook asked to be my friend. Some guy named Malachi Thomas. For now I just ignored it and checked the time. Shoot! I'm gonna be late
               I ran to school, praying that I wouldn't be late. As I walk through the gates, my heart calmed because only the first bell rang, which meant I'm not late. I still walked through the hallways because it was a shortcut. Usually, the teachers won't let you go this way and make you turn back, even if you are just making sure you aren't late, but Mr.Weeks gave me a nod as if saying," You are late so often that I don't really care anymore."
              I walk through the doors to the outside so we could "line up". We really just stand wherever we want and Mr.Weeks doesn't really care. When we get in the classroom we are greeted with a warm up. Everything seemed normal... until about 5 hours later when we get released to lunch.
              My phone vibrated in my pocket and when I pull it out, I got a text. The number is sketchy but I can't track it because my phone just says Unknown Number. I look down at the message and it reads,"something strange will happen tonight." It's probably somebody at my school pulling a prank on me, I thought. I deleted the conversation and went on with my day.
                  Everything else seemed normal too, until I was on my phone, in my bed, just messing around on Facebook and I got another notification. It was from the same guy.  Unknown Number. I was about to block him but for some odd reason, I was compelled to read what it had to say.

          Unknown Number

-Something strange will occur soon.
-3
-2
-1...
NOW, SLEEP!!!

               I don't know what happened but as soon as I finished reading that message, I fell asleep. A deep sleep.