Chapter 2

Suddenly, I woke up in a cold sweat. I reached for my nightstand to grab my phone when I realized it was already in my hand. I turn it on, only to be blinded by the bright light. I turn my brightness down and see that it's 6:30 in the morning. My alarm should have rang 15 minutes ago. (My mom also has to drive my sister to work so I have to be ready early on Tuesdays.) I go downstairs to go grab some breakfast when I realize it's too quiet.

              In our household, everybody is up and making noise at around 5:30 every morning. I run to my sister's room and slam the door open wide. I calm down when I see her safely laying in bed, but she can't get fired. I know how much that job means to her so I "quietly" yell for her to wake up. She doesn't even stir. The more times I attempt to wake her up, the more worried and frustrated I get. Eventually, I check her pulse to make sure she is still alive and my heart rate slows when it shows she is alive.

              I decide to go call for my parents to help. When they don't answer me, I start to freak out. I'm all by myself. I've gotta find Abby, I think. Abby is my best friend, she'll know what to do. I go out into the backyard without a jacket, which I immediately regret but there is no time to backtrack. I quickly go out to the shed and grab my bike. I pedaled as fast as I could go to Abby's house. I knock on the door... no answer. I knock again... no answer.

                I start to assume the worst and break down right there. I'm all by myself. What happened to everyone? As soon as I thought about how I'll never get to live my life like a normal person, the tears started rolling down my cheeks, the cold, winter wind made my cheeks red as I stood there, streams of water overflowing from my brown eyes. I open up my phone again and look at all my contacts, questioning if I should delete them. As I scroll through them, I see one I don't recognise. Unknown Number. I look at the messages and remember what happened, but something stuck out to me. Something strange will occur soon.  Did this Unknown Number do this? Did he cause all of them to fall asleep?

                 A smile spreads across my face as an idea pops into my head. I need to check social media. If anyone is awake then they will post about it somewhere. I check Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, even pinterest. No suck luck... but as soon as I enter Tumblr, I see, a post.

Ilovevoldemort

Is anyone awake?

                                                3 comments

Comments

TheThreeWriters3
                Yeah, I'm awake.

SuperboyConnor
                Me too, but the rest of the world isn't...

Soysauce69
                I'm here.

Amelia-the-girl-who-waited
                What happened to everyone?

I wrote the last comment, curious about what really happened.

Ilovevoldemort
-where are you guys? Maybe we can find a connection.

SuperboyConnor
-southern Arizona, Copper Basin to be specific

TheThreeWriters3
-same here

                   Amelia-the-girl-who-waited
I live more in the Johnson Ranch area-

Ilovevoldemort
-I do too

Soysauce69
-same here

A/N I apologize for leaving the story like this but it is late, I am tired, and I have school tomorrow. Goodnight!