Chapter ONE

Pic of Nora

NEVER'S POV:

I couldn't believe that I was here standing next to Katie in a bridesmaid dress for our mothers wedding to some rich guy that we have yet to meet. It was hot as all hell and Nora has yet to come out and her soon to be husband is off somewhere with his groomsmen while we wait for this stupid ceremony to begin. Katie looks over at me with a what the fuck look on her face then out of nowhere the music starts and the side doors open and out comes a group of four guys they line up across from me and Katie. Not caring I stare off into space while the music changes and the back doors open and in came Nora everyone turned to stare at her. She was wearing a dress that was four times too tight for her to be wearing her tits were barely staying inside the dress. As she made her walk down the aisle with the fakest of smiles on her face to her soon to be husband.

The ceremony went fast and we are now sitting at a table with me, Katie her husband Greg and their one year old Megan along with a few others that I don't know and didn't care enough to ask who they were. The music is lame the food I cant eat and then there's the feeling that I've had since the ceremony of someone watching me burning a hole into me if they could. I got up and walked away from the table heading towards the open doors leading out to the gardens. The night sky was lit with so many stars that we could never see in the city I walk more into the garden finding a bench a little way away. Sitting down staring up at the sky wishing I was anywhere else but here now closing my eyes and sitting back rest my head. My mind wonders back to the week that led me here.

Flashback: "Katie why are we here what the hell is going?" I ask Katie she just stands there next to me watching Megan as she plays in the toy sandbox. " I don't know but Nora called said she wanted to talk to us just like always she is most likely up to something and wants our help." she says just great getting pulled into one of Nora's games was not something that I was up to doing. I just wanted to be done with this day a shadow fell over us braking me out of my thoughts. looking up I see Nora with a huge fake smile on her face. "well look at you two." she says all I could do was shake my head and say, " what do you want Nora why did you call us here we don't have time for this" she just stands there smiling like a wolf that got the sheep then says, " I'm getting married I finally found him the one that is going to take care of me." she says bouncing up and down before Katie could say anything she speaks again. "he is so rich a tech billionaire and more of some other stuff I don't know and don't care to know he is way richer then that worthless father of yours Never." right the sperm donor that I met once when I was like four Nora took me and Katie to Minnesota to meet someone who was going to once again solve Nora's problems. if there is one thing you should know is that Nora only cares about one person and that is Nora she may have had two kids but she didn't care for them at all. Katie told me the story of how Nora became so cold hearted it all started with Jack Katie's dad he was Nora's boyfriend in high school who knocked her you at prom classic story of Ill take care of you and the baby. and he did for a while Katie was eight when Jack had met Sara and took off Sara was Nora's cousin and she had come to visited and ended up sleeping with Jack. Nora caught them there was a huge fight and Nora was left with Katie. Nora was in a deep depression leaving Katie to take care of herself when Nora came out of it she was changed and not for the better. She only cared about herself going out and leaving Katie either alone for days, weeks, months even. And that's how she met my father Danger the bassist from my loving mercy there was a lot of stuff that happen but from what Katie could tell me Nora wasn't just messing around with the bassist but also the drummer as well. When I was born, there were test but no one told Katie who my father was I did meet the band members but none of them said a thing to me. Nora got money in return from which ever one is the sperm donor the money was more when I was younger but as I became a teen the less she got and out she went to look for a new bank teller. And guessing by the shit eating grin on her face she finally found him the poor bastard.

I'm pulled out of my flashback by someone sitting next to me on the bench. I look over to see a man sitting in a tux with his tie and a few buttons undone. I followed his tie to his neck and then to his chin strong and pointed up to his lips that were perfectly shaped to his nose that was as sharp and straight as a arrow that lead to his piercing gray blues eyes. That are staring straight at me watching me looking through to my very soul.