Uno

Past

'I've done so many wrong things to get to where I am now , Keon" Angel yelled as she slammed the oak wood door to her office closed. "So many things for Akira  & I to survive. I alone raised your daughter" The older brunette practically hissed under her breath. Eyeing the worthless excuse of a man, the same worthless sad sack that she had held down even after he stole her 1 million dollar inheritance gift, the one she held down when he stepped out of their relationship and had a child.

However when Keon Bracey proceeded to up and leave in the middle of the night eighteen years ago and never come back, that's when Angel  finally said enough was enough.  "Angel sweetie listen, I was in a bad situation. Still am- I owe some very dangerous people money" the last bit of the statement was uttered nervously under his breath.

"So that's why your f-cking here?" Angel screams, momentarily not caring whether or not she might wake Akira up.  "Get out, get the f-ck out now Keon" Angel snaps pushing him towards the door.

No one would have thought what happened next would ever happen, the events unfolding in the Mayor's office wasn't a children's tale to say the least. After Angel shoved Keon out of sheer anger and disgust, a greater anger flushed through the brotha's veins. That is the only way one could  describe it.

Keon shifted his weight to his opposite foot and flung his fist towards her face not just once but repeatedly. He took out all of his anger on Mayor Angel Harris, the one person who held him down, who actually took care of his responsibilities when he couldn't. "You will do as I say" Keon growled as he straddled her waist his hands gripping her neck roughly. "Do you understand, B?" he yelled earning a weak nod from a terrified Angel.

What neither person knew was that all the commotion had indeed awoken Akira, & the events that unfolded that late April night caused the 18 year old to flee, flee from the now broken home and the only place she had ever known.