Night

(A/N Play the music ⬆️ while reading x)

After a long day of school (that involved alot of insecurity, hard work and being bullied) I fell down on my bed and sank into the soft blankets. I let my head rest on the pillow, stuffed with feathers, and looked at the window next to my bed.

The moon was on the same level as my face and then I felt something. I felt his arms around my thin frame. These
arms held me tightly, as if he didn't want to let me go ever again.

"Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?" he asked. I kept silent. He wiped a hair out of my face. I cried, but hoped he would not notice.

But he did.

He made 'shush' noises and stroke down my bony spine. "They do honey, the stars do. And when you look at the moon, does that remind you of me?" he asked shily.

I nodded yes and I knew he was smiling, even though my back was turned to him. He wiped a tear from my cheek with his wrist, covered by the sleeve of his black sweater.

He started singing to me, very soft but very powerful.

Sing me to sleep
Sing me to sleep
I don't want to wake
up on my own anymore..

I closed my eyes and fell asleep, together with him and his arms around me.

------------------------------------------------------
Soooo, what do you guys think? I hope I didn't make any weird grammar mistakes or something.. Since Dutch is my first language.
Do you guys think the music fits the story? And what do you think of the book's cover?

-Moon🌸