🌸chapter sixteen🌸

Upon arriving, the Queen had threw her bracelet at the wall beside the door, making Ji-ae jump in fright. The Queen looked furious, her eyes were wild, opened wide as she stared at the two who just entered.

"Where have you been?" The Queen asked, with a rage ridden tone of voice.

"You told me-"

"I asked where you had been!" The Queen yelled, making Ji-ae flinch again and fell against the man's chest. "Not only did I have you running loose, my son is now torturing my mind." She exclaimed, pulling the necklace off from around her neck.

"I did what you asked me to do." Ji-ae said, making the Queen's wild eyes land on hers. "I went around Silla-"

"With guards, Ji-ae." The Queen said through clenched teeth. "With guards, that can protect you."

"I nearly found him, today." Ji-ae continued, not knowing whether or not mentioning what happned today was a good idea, or a completely idiotic one.

"Who?" The Queen asked, narrowing her eyes.

Ji-ae audibly gulped. "My father." Ji-ae said, holding the unreadable stare the Queen was giving her.

The Queen gestured for Ji-ae to sit down, and that's what Ji-ae did. "How?" The Queen asked, clenching her fists around her necklace.

"He hired mercenaries."

"Mercenaries?" The Queen asked, sparing a side glance to her guard.

Ji-ae nodded in confirmation. "They were going to take me, but a man killed himself so I could free."

"That must be the man the guards found earlier." The guard spoke up. "A wound to the neck?"

Ji-ae nodded reluctantly. "He did it without hesistation, I couldn't have stopped him." Ji-ae said, looking between the man and the Queen. "Hansung found me. He kept me safe."

"Nowhere's safe for you, Ji-ae." The spoke up. "Are you that näive?" Her tone was harsh, no empathy being shown. "Your blinded by your youth." Ji-ae shook her head. "You think hanging around with the young masters is a good idea?"

"They're my friends."

"No one is your friend, Ji-ae." The Queen said, a smile playing on her lips. "Everyone is out to get you."

"Hansung's different." Ji-ae exclaimed. "And Dan Sae, I can trust them with my life."

"You're wrong."

"What about Sam?" Ji-ae asked. "If he was out to get me, surely he wouldn't have brought me here." The Queen's wild eyes returned. Her knuckles now becoming milky white as she clung onto her beaded necklace.

"He is just as näive as you are."

"How so?" Ji-ae challenged.

"Thinking he could just, join up without a care in the world." The Queen mocked. "Is this how every youth is now?" She furthered teased. "Did you know of his intentions? Did you?" The Queen asked Ji-ae, who then fell silent. "Well?"

"Yes."

"And you didn't think to tell me!?"

"I thought he was trying it on!" The Queen was seething, inhaling sharply through the gaps of her gritted teeth. "Your Highness-"

"Get him out of Silla now!" The Queen suddenly exclaimed, smashing her necklace onto the table and the beads flying all over the room. Ji-ae didn't flinch this time, instead she focused on the one bead that was rolling along the table towards her, stopping it infront of her by placing her index on the top of it. "How could he do this to me? How could he?" The Queen said, making Ji-ae look across the table. "After all I have suffered for him. After all I have done to protect him!" The Queen yelled again, smacking her empty fist onto the table.