Mr. Weekes - Part Four

You were now in senior year. You and Dallon kept hanging out 'til the end of junior year, of course. He even proposed you two go to a waterpark for the summer. Sadly, you had to stay at your grandparents' house, so you were out of the state the entire summer. You were down for the whole summer. You missed him. Though you talked over the phone and messaged each other, it wasn't enough.

The start of this year wasn't any better anyway. Dallon was always so busy now. He's been improving as a professor, that meant he was assigned more classes to teach, and more work to do. All the contact you've had with him were polite greetings in the hallway, and whenever you recited in his class. What's worse is all the girls have been gushing over him, failing his class on purpose to try and get private tutoring sessions. Yuck.

"Hey, (Y/N)." Zach Butler, one of the cutest boys in school talked to you as you were organizing your locker.

"Oh, hey Zach." You said, surprised that he talked to you out of nowhere.

"Listen, my friends and I are going to the beach for spring break. You wanna come?" He smiled.

"Um, question though, why me?" You scoffed. "You've never talked to me before."

"I know, but I'd like to get to know you more now, so, is that a yes or a no?" He blushed.

Zach was nice. But all you could think about was Dallon.

"Thanks, Zach. But I have plans." You frowned. You were also lying about having plans.

"Aw," He pouted and looked down at the floor. "Well, just hit me up whenever you're free though. I'd love to go out with you sometime."

He left before you could respond. You just scoffed again and shook your head.

It was the week before spring break. You've been waiting for this, to ask the one guy you actually wanted to spend spring break with. You waited outside his class for the bell to ring. As it sounded, and the students came rushing out the doors, you went inside.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Dallon lit up and said cheerfully as he saw you walk in.

You looked around, ensuring that the room was empty. "Hey Dallon." You were surprised at the glum tone that accompanied your words.

"Everything okay?" He stood up and fixed some papers, putting them inside a folder and carrying it. Great, he's busy. But you didn't need him now.

"I was just wondering if..." All these weeks of barely any contact made it seem like you two were total strangers. "Could we hang out this spring break?" You bit your lip.

Dallon stood there, thinking. Then he chuckled, and you raised your brows in confusion. "Professors don't get work off on spring break." He shrugged, disappointingly.

"Oh, I see..." You nodded your head slowly, avoiding his eyes, looking at the floor. Like when you rejected Zach's spring break invitation. You didn't know what else to say. But you didn't want to leave. This is the most you and Dallon have talked in a long while.

The air was silent. It seemed like Dallon knew what you were thinking as well. "I'm sorry, (Y/N)."

"No, it's fine." You forced a smile, and looked at him, even with your eyes tearing up. "Goodbye, Professor." You hurriedly walked out the door before he could stop you, which you so desperately wished he did, but he didn't.