⏺One⏺

"What are you talking about?" The young fourteen year old asked. At home with nothing to do, Danny Smith was watching a movie before he had gotten the call.

"I mean that Oliver is going to die! He posted he was going to kill himself you idiot!" His other friend, Rebecca, screamed. Her voice was so loud he had to hold the phone away from his ear as he continued to listen. "He isn't answering his phone and you have a better relationship with him than we do! Go and call him, stop him!" She screamed, her voice cracking as she cried.

Danny knew it was serious now. He could faintly see his best friend's house through his curtains. Without another moment wasted, he jumped out of his bed and raced out of his room, basically flying down the stairs.

It was around midnight, almost everyone was asleep as he ran out of the house and to his neighbor's yard.

Knowing they hid their spare key under the mat, he was reaching under it already, fumbling for the key. Having already wasted a minute as he searched for it, he finally got it, reaching up and cursing himself for his shaky hands.

Once Danny got the door open, he wasted no time on running up the stairs, the door still wide open and the alarm giving a thirty second warning. His heart was pounding as he turned at the top of the stairs, running to his best friend's room.

The door was closed, terrifying him of what he was going to see. As he opened the door, he stopped at the sight.

"Oliver!" Danny screamed, just as the alarm went off, just as the clock struck twelve, and just as the sound of the gun being fired rang into the air.

Oliver Wilson, his best friend since they were born, had shot himself, his blood splattering back on to the walls, hitting Danny in the face as he raced forward and caught him, lowering himself to the ground slowly as he sobbed, shaking him.

"I'm sorry! Oliver please! Wake up! I'm sorry!" He screamed, trying to shake his body awake as he held him close.

The sound had woken up the neighborhood, especially Oliver's parents as they jumped out of bed and raced to their son's room.

Oliver's mother shrieked at the sight. Her baby boy, her only son being shaken by the one bit hit an also considered a son, having helped raise him, shaking him and screaming at him to wake up.

As she fell to her knees, screaming and crying into her husband's chest, Danny had finally stopped shaking him, just holding him close to his body and rocking back and forth.

That night, heard up and down the street, all that pierced the air was the mixed screams and sobs of Danny and Mrs. Wilson, the alarm trying to compete at being loud but failing.

Neighbors had come out to see what was going on, getting their answer when the police and ambulance showed up. When after a while, they were finally wheeling out a body bag. When a shaking, bloody Danny followed after, sobbing as he held on to a police officer's uniform and Mrs. Wilson having to be held back from running to the bag, they understood and all grew silent.

The alarm had stopped and the only thing to be heard was Mrs. Wilson demanding to be let go to go to her son and Danny's sobbing as he sat on an end of the ambulance.

Soon enough, they were both sedated, Danny sniffling in his sleep as Oliver's mother was crying slightly in her own.

A tearful Mr Wilson nodded his as the police told him they would be allowed to see him and start planning the funeral as Danny's mother cried, cleaning her son up of his best friend's blood.

The neighbors all left, some crying,  having known the young boy, all with heavy hearts and knowing they weren't going to have a peaceful night like they thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, I will hopefully be posting the second chapter soon.

Dont forget to vote and comment!