Young! Genji x Reader

( I got inspiration from a song, lemme write this)

"If you're lost and alone. . ."

"Or you're sinking like stone. . ."

"Carry on~

You sang your heart out.  

"May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground. . ."

"Carry on~

You stood upon the small stage in the small market in Hanamura. You had a basket out for spare change. You were poor and your father was terribly sick and he needed to go to the doctors, but you had no money. You used your talents to get you some money for your father.

"So I met up with some friends in the edge of the night"

"At a bar off seventy five"

"And we talked and talked about how our parents will die"

"All our neighbors and wives"

You started to perk up when more people began to take notice of your singing. Some started singing along and others decided to put some change in the basket. You smiled as you continued.

"But I like to think, that I can cheat it all~"

"To make up for the times, I've been cheated on!"

"And it's nice to know, when I was left for dead!"

"I was found and now I don't roam these streets"

"I am not the ghost you want of me!"

You and others started to sway to the music. You loved this song and continued to sing it with all of your heart.

A man with green  hair was walking with a girl. His attention was on her until he noticed your singing and confidence. The female he was with tried to pry his eyes off of you. 

"Genji~" The female whined.

"Who is that. . .?" He asked, totally amazed with your talents.

The female looked over and scoffed "It's just that (Y/n), she is poor and doesn't deserve that kind of attention" She continued to talk sh*t about you and Genji was mad at the female. 

"It's over" He sternly spoke to her as he yanked his arm away from her and began to walk towards the front of the small stage. You started to pack up, since your song was over and people started to leave.

"Hey!" A voice called. 

You looked up and smiled in a friendly matter. When the figure got close to you, you looked at the stranger and hummed " Good morning"

"I heard your singing. it was great! You have a lovely voice!" The green haired man blushed while rubbing the back of his neck, smiling like an idiot.

You laughed and collected your things "Thank you, I am 9Y/n), who are you?" You asked with the same type of smile.

"Genji" He blushed again. 'Why am I blushing?! I never blush!' He was embarrassed by his actions.

You hummed again "Well, Mr. Shimada, I am going to count this change. . ."

"Why do you need it, if you don't mind me asking?" He asked, completing ignoring the fact that you know his last name without him telling you.

"My father is sick and he needs money to go see a doctor, and since my entire family is poor, sick and dead, none of us can get a job, so this is all I can do to help my family" You said, not even shedding a tear as you start to count the change you have.

"How much do you need?" Genji asked suddenly, pulling out his famous coin purse (IDEK).

"I need 25 thousand dollars in us money, but here that is 2,855,896 Yen" You said with a blank expression.

" I need half of that actually. . ." You signed, putting the money down with a tired expression, The male smiled as he dumped all of his money in the bag. You were shocked and you looked at him with slightly widened eyes 

"R-Really. . .?" 

"Yup!" He leaned down and kissed your forehead before doing his ninja moves and walking away with a huge smile of his face. 

You stood up, gathered your things and walked home, tears in your eyes.

You took your father to the hospital, and made sure he was better when he came back. You then went to find Genji and thank him, but your night was full of moans instead of thank you's.