It Is Love We Must Hold On To

"Where are we going?" You asked Tom, as he walked you around London. He was showing you his version of the city. You've been there before a couple times, but there was always so much to see. And after a year of dating the most amazing man ever, it was about damn time you learned more about this home town, but through his eyes.

"We're nearly there." He said, holding your hand and walking you through the street.

"Oh my God." You said stopping suddenly. You could see it from where you were, a platform that gave a perfect view of a lit up London. "I think we need to run." You said suddenly with a smile playing on your lips.

Before he could question you, you had grabbed his hand once more and ran as fast as you could, it felt as though your feet would fall off. You stopped only when you reached the edge, panting and absolutely mesmerized. It was beautiful. All the buildings were glowing with the lights from the apartments, you could see the flyer and Big Ben and the water beneath.

"This. Is. Amazing." You said, out of breath. "Absolutely perfect." You couldn't take your eyes away from the view, and Tom couldn't take his eyes off of you.

He knew he shouldn't stare but you looked absolutely stunning, a smile on your lips, a little mess in your hair (from the running), and stars in your eyes... He just couldn't help himself.

You could feel his hand moving from your hand to your hip and pulling you closer gently. You leaned into his touch and warmth in the cold british night. He played with your hair a bit and just stood as close as ever. You could hear and feel his hot breath on your ear. You closed your eyes taking in everything.

"I wish we could freeze this moment forever." You whispered, and lucky for you, Tom knew just how. He wasn't planning on it, but the moment was just too fitting.

"Marry me." He said so quietly you almost missed it. But you didn't and your eyes shot open again.

"What?" You said, turning to look at him. Your surprised expression was met by one full of hope and love and passion.

And just when you thought this couldn't get more romantic or perfect, he kneels. He fucking kneels down, takes your hand and places a soft kiss on the back of it.

"(Y/N), my love, will you marry me?"

"Yes, yes, of course I'll marry you." You say, finding you voice and smiling so wide you thought your muscles would just stay like that.

Two seconds later you tackled Tom into the ground, both of you smiling so broadly and laughing and crying in between kisses and loving words that he couldn't even think about the fact that he hadn't even gotten you a ring yet. But it didn't matter, there would be time for that later. As for now, you were both too busy living in forever.