Chapter 3: Clever Ice against solid fists

The morning sun raised above the horizon marking a new day. Erza and Levy got up and headed to the kitchen for breakfast. Erza ate a blueberry muffin with orange juice while Levy opted for toast with a cup of coffee. After breakfast they headed to the guild and when they came in everyone was already together Gray was sitting in the back,a serious look on his face,he must've been focusing his mind for the battle with Jeremy coming up soon,and just as Erza and Levy sat down they heard it.

"Fairy Tail!" Jeremy yelled from outside to get their attention. All of them walked out,except for Laxus who stayed inside. They looked out to Jeremy and he looked at them with a smile.

"Good, someone came,after seeing so many members leave at once yesterday I thought you had all run away or something. Glad to see there's still some people here." He said as Gray immediately stood up front.

"We weren't running away,they went looking for our friends that aren't here because of you. Don't ever think that Fairy Tail is made up of cowards again." He stated already in a bad mood.

"I apologize." Said Jeremy. "From the look in your eyes I'd say you want to be the next to fight me,right?"

Gray stared at him angrily. "I'm pounding you into a pulp for Flamebrain." He said before throwing his coat and shirt off.

"Bring it on." He said,Jeremy eagerly spoke. "Then you attack first." He said but Gray didn't do so.

"You attack first,I'm not using magic so let's see how you handle a fistfight."

"Fine then." Replied Jeremy. "Any wizard who's magic relies on his opponent's must train their body for combat as a precaution,I'm no exception." And with that he charged towards Gray with his fists raised but before he could get close enough to hit him something flew from the distance and hit Jeremy in the head,sending him spinning before he caught himself and landed on all fours,Gray smiling now.

"You're not the first Wizard I've seen that can block magic. You all have the same flaw: To block a persons magic you have to use yours just as they're using theirs. So Maker Magic like mine has the advantage against you." He said proudly. Levy looked in shock,that was his plan. He had premade weapons for the battle the night before and hid them as to ambush Jeremy afterwards. It was genius,Gray had this match in the bag,that she believed. Another projectile came towards Jeremy and hit him head on just as Grey charged towards him and punched him in the face to knock him to the ground,followed by a kick to the midsection that skidded him across the front of the guild. He would then pick up a heavy mace he made of ice and smash it across Jeremy's face as he attempted to stand up. But after the hit he still did,only to receive another projectile from the shadows knocking him down on his back,Grey stood triumphantly over him,it was over,Grey having outsmarted Jeremy to defeat him. As Grey looked at Jeremy who laid on the ground he spoke.

"That's what happens when you pick on Fairy Tail." He stated and began to walk off but he stopped in shock when Jeremy's voice came from behind him.

"That was pretty clever,put traps to sneak attack me. But this isn't over just yet." He turned around and Jeremy was back to his feet,his head was bleeding from the many strikes to it and he had a multitude of bruises beginning to form on his skin as he breathed heavily but he was back on his feet,fists raised as he stood there Gray smiled,almost as if he preferred that Jeremy wanted to continue "You're a tough one." He said. "Bring it on." And Jeremy did,he ran towards Grey and another projectile came at him but this time Jeremy expected it and avoided it before a second came his way,but it shattered apart when Jeremy hit it. He had shattered the coming projectile with his fist, leaving everyone shocked. "Fool me once shame on you,fool me twice shame on me." He said before punching Gray hard enough to knock him out of view,Jeremy followed him and found hidden in the foliage was a cannon made of ice.