Dan's Road Trip Dilema

Thanks to Potato431 for the plot as well as editing help! ILY!

Dan whined as Phil hit a pothole, feeling pain shoot through his aching bladder. The couple was on a road-trip up to Manchester, and they hadn't made a single stop since they left that morning. They had been forced to wake up quite early, since the event they were attending was early and it took a few hours to get there. Being Dan and Phil, they had, of course, gone to bed too late. They'd both been binging on coffee all morning to keep from falling asleep. Dan regretted his decision as he whined and pressed his legs together.

Phil didn't seem to notice. He was busy focusing on the road, though traffic was pretty light for a Saturday morning. Dan tried to read Phil's expression, but he couldn't figure out what he was thinking. This was uncommon, since Dan could almost always tell what Phil was thinking. They'd been together for over 7 years, after all.

Dan decided to focus his attention instead on his full bladder. They'd only been in the car for an hour or so, but Dan had to go really badly. He tried to remember how many cups of coffee he'd drunk, but he lost count. He estimated it to be between 5 and 7. Boy, was he feeling the side effects now, as the crushing pain in his lower abdomen forced him to lean forward and press his legs together.

"Phil, can we pull over at the next rest stop? I need a bathroom break."

Phil acted as if he couldn't even hear. Dan was about to repeat the question when Phil responded.

"We're only a few hours away. Can't you wait? We're late enough as it is!"

"I don't know, Phil, it's pretty bad. I'll try."

Short of the Fall Out Boy song playing on the radio, the car was silent. The two were too tired to chat much, and Dan wanted to focus on controlling his need. He buried his hands between his thighs and pressed into himself, cringing at the resulting pain. Phil was crazy if he thought Dan could hold it for 3 more hours.

"Phil, I really can't hold it. Can we please stop somewhere?"

"Okay, look and see what's around."

Phil passed his phone to Dan, who started searching for nearby places to stop. They were kind of in the middle of nowhere at the moment, and he desperately hoped they could get to civilization as soon as possible. To his dismay, however, the map showed the next gas station to be about an hour away.

"Oh no, the nearest stop is so far away," Dan groaned. There was nowhere for them to pull over, and they had no cups left since they threw them away when they drove through to get breakfast.

"It's ok, Dan. I'll try to get there as fast as I can, just try to hold it."

Dan nodded and let out a soft cry as another wave of desperation rushed over him, forcing him to grab himself. He breathed sharply until the pain subsided. He decided to try to distract himself by looking out the window. However, all there was to see was woodlands. Why would there be no place to at least pull the car over? It's not like we can just park the car in the middle of the road, Dan pondered. Every now and then another car would pass them, going who knows where.

Dan spent what felt like an eternity just staring out the window, trying not to think about his ever-worsening problem. He shifted, rubbing his thighs to try to relieve the sharp jolts his bladder would send through his body every few minutes, reminding him of his pressing need. Phil didn't seem to care in the least. He didn't speak, which was concerning to Dan. Usually on road-trips neither of them would stop talking for a second. For Phil to be so quiet, he had to be seriously thinking about something.