Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Xander Evans' Walked out of the office with his class schedule and the map of the school in his hand and slammed straight into someone the second he stepped out of the office.

"Shit." He cursed as he and another girl dropped their things.

As he bent down and began picking up his stuff and a couple of birthday cards which he assumed belonged to the person that he ran into, he stopped when he realized the other person wasn't picking up the stuff and looked up.

He was met with a pair of pair of brown eyes. The prettiest eyes he had ever seen. The girl in front of him was gorgeous. She looked about 2 years younger to him, but gorgeous never the less. He'd never paid much attention to girls before, considering everything that was going on in his life right now, but this girl... he don't know what it was but something was drawing him to her.

"Hey. I'm Xander." he said, handing her the cards.

"Classandra. But people call me Clary." She said smiling.

She wasn't like the others he had seen walking into the campus. She looked normal. Friendly and warm.

"So...You new?" she asked rocking on her heels.

"Yeah." he said running his fingers through his hair.

"Which year?" she asked him, a curious glint in her eyes.

"Junior." He said

"Freshman." she said pointing at herself. So he was right. She was younger than him.

"I could show you around? Introduce you to some juniors if you like?" she asked him a hopeful look on her face.

"Yeah. Thanks. I'd really like that." he said, smiling at her and gesturing her to lead that way.

"So did you just move here?" she asked him.

"Yeah. I did." Xander said, lying. Truth was he used to live here until his mother died two years back. After that he moved upstate to live with his father's sister. Then his older brother Xavier called him after almost two years of not talking, and everything went to shit.

"Must be weird leaving all your friends and girlfriend and moving here in the middle of the year." She stated with a curious look on her face.

Xavier found himself laughing, which surprised even him. He couldn't even remember the last time he laughed. "Nah. I didn't have many friends. I was home schooled." That was true. He'd never been in school before.

"Oh? That's cool I guess." She said, offering her a smile.

"So what bout you? Lots of friends? Boyfriend?" he asked, somehow a little uncomfortable talking to a girl. He wasn't really that great with socializing.

"Ohh... No! I mean... I have friends.... But it's just a small handful. And no boyfriend. Not yet." Clary explained, and then mentally face palmed herself.

Smooth Classandra. Real smooth.

Luckily before she could embarrass herself further, she found Darren, looking into his locker.

"Darren!" Clary called out.

Xander looked at the guy in whom Clary called, in amusement.

He was this huge guy, with short hair and he had a varsity jacket on. Thinking about it, he realized a lot these people in Saint Richards' High School were pretty big. When Darren tuned around Xander found him amusing, but Clary didn't think so. She had a scowl on her face.