Chapter one

*Ten years ago*

"Mummy, when I grow up, I want to be the most powerful person ever!" I exclaimed as my mother plaited my long, brown, curly hair.

She chuckled. "Oh sweetie, there's only one way to succeed that. You know what I always say?"

I sighed. "Yes mummy. Practice makes perfect. How could I forget?" I gave her an annoyed look. She always mentioned it to me, everyday, every minute and perhaps every second.

"Yes, yes you got that right." My mother laughed some more and gave me a cheeky wink.

Oh how my mum was always so childish at times. I loved her for that. Sometimes my father would call her, 'Cheeky Plum'. Don't ask me why the word, 'plum', came into it.

"Now, honey. You've got your packed lunch in your bag?" My mother asked me.

"Yes mummy."

"Did you pack your books?"

"Yes mummy."

"Be good at school. Don't get into trouble. Don't try any of your telekinesis in front of the other students. You hear me?"

"Yes mummy." I answered again.

"That's my girl." My mother smiled. She gave me a quick hug. "You'll be able to control your power one day , sweetie. Your father and I will teach you. It'll be fine. As long as we are together, forever."

~.~

*present*

I always remember that thought of my mother talking to me when I was younger. Her words of being together always ran through my mind. That's what I thought of now as I struck eye contact with this man.

We had a moment of silence. It was like a staring competition, his eyes stared into mine. It was a heart beating moment. Was this the end for me?

Maybe if I died right now I would he with my parents, just like what my mother said. It will be fine, as long as we are together, forever. Would I end up in a better place? I imagined my family and I at a beach somewhere in Hawaii, just having fun together. The thought of it made me smile.

The man still wore the same, dark suit which he wore from the last time I saw him. He kept on his evil smile. I slowly lowered my hand in my pockets where my handmade spear darts were. I was waiting. Waiting to for the right time to attack.

Then finally, after the moment of silence of staring at him in fear, he dropped his apple onto the ground. The apple rolled away from him. He then took out a small knife from his suit and started making threatening gestures at me, thinking of a technique of how he was going to cut me. He was pure evil.

Shock and fear was what I felt. I was suddenly scared. Would it hurt when he'll try to kill me? I thought. I didn't like the sound of being stabbed or hanged. I had to kill this man before he would make any sudden movements towards me.

In one swift move, I quickly flung out the dart spears at him. This was the right moment. It had to be.

The darts quickly flew through the air towards him, it was like slow motion. I started to feel some relief, was this finally the end?

~.~

It was like a downfall of disappointment, having all your happiness disappear from your soul.

Just when I thought he was going to die, he did a quick swift move with his arm and the darts burned out before it stabbed him. He had fire power, one of the strongest powers in history. Fire was a rare type of power. Although it didn't seem much, it could be the most dangerous power ever. It was told that this type of power could make you feel burned heat on your body without even making a movement, it could even set a whole place on fire and trap you in a circle of fire where you would be burned to death.

I gulped. Maybe it was the end for me. The man laughed at me. I backed away slowly from him, making sure to not trip over the vines on the ground. The more I went backwards, the closer he came. He was a nightmare and I was trying to escape it.

I turned around and started to run as quickly as I could. Sweat dripped down from my forehead. I cursed myself for being unfit, I should've listened to my mother and trained everyday. But this was no time to regret, I had to escape from this man..and fast.

I could hear the man coming closer and closer, it was like as though he could teleport. I screamed out for help, hoping for anyone to come and help me. I didn't want to die right now even though being with my parents sounded good. I had set a goal. And when I set goals, I must succeed in completing them. My goal was to take revenge on this man and everyone on his side. It was time for payback.

I heard a small voice calling me. "Over here! Come here!"

I looked around and saw no one. I kept on running around the grassy area. The man was still chasing me, every time I looked behind me, I always saw his evil grin. Where was this person? I needed help badly.

"Come down here!" I heard the voice again.

What...? Come down where? I thought.

Then suddenly, very suddenly, I fell right through a hole.