Chapter 1

Jessica's Pov-:

It was seven in the morning and I was dead tired, to the point where I just wanted to call up the hospital and cancel my shift to earn a few extra hours of very well deserved rest. I sigh sleepily as I drag myself to the bathroom, moving through the routine i've grown very well accustomed to over the year.

I cringe at the mirror, seeing that my hair was in a tangled mess as per usual with dark rings around my eyes from yesterday's mascara. I shake my head and reach for the hairbrush and some facewash to do some damge control. 

I throw on my blue uniform and pull my hair up into a messy bun, hastily applying some chap stick and mascara before grabbing my bag and heading into the kitchen to grab breakfast.

I pour myself a bowl of frosted flakes and sit at the table. The small house is silent and I sigh before bringing a spoon of cereal to my mouth. My eyes catch the small analog clock on top of the oven and widen.

I was late.

Again.

Harry's Pov-:

"Harry can you please get out of bed, I'm going to run late for my appointment!!"

My eyes sleepily flutter open to be met with my annoyed mother's brown ones. I quickly throw the sheets off of myself as I lazily step onto the cold hardwood flooring.

"Sorry, give me a few minutes." I tiredly rub my eyes. She sighs and exits the room, shutting the door behind her.

After brushing my teeth and combing out the unruly curls on my head, I hurriedly throw on some clothes.I yank on my brown boot and circle the room in search of the other one.

I find it beside the nightstand and quickly slip my foot into it before rushing down the stairs to meet my mum at the front door.

I grab the keys to my car and step outside with her, locking the door behind us. We get into the car and I roar the engine to life as I strap my seat belt on. Shifting the gear into reverse, I slowly back out of the driveway.

I maneuver my way through the busy streets of LA, the occasional honks and sirens accompanying the cd playing quietly; The1975.

My mum speaks up, breaking the silence that lingered between us. "Harry where were you last night? what time did you get home at?"

 "Does it really matter mum, I don't want to have this conversation so early in the morning." I sigh as I continue driving down the road.

"Yes Harry, it does matter when you leave so early in the morning and return so late at night, you're blocking me out Harry. I just want to know why?"

My teeth gnaw at my bottom lip and I continue staring at the busy road.

"It's nothing like that, I've just been really busy at work and stuff."

I pull up to the hospital entrance and look over at her saddened features, immediately feeling like shit for upsetting her.

I lean over the centre console and peck her cheek before pulling her into my arms and giving her a tight squeeze.

"Really mum, I'm fine. I didn't want to upset you." I reassure her with a small frown.

Her features soften considerably. "I'm just worried Harry. Worried about you." 

 "I'm fine mum, really. You've already got enough on your plate, please don't worry about me." She nods slowly and I cock my head to the side. "Are you sure you'll be alright?, do you need me to come in?" I ask her.

"No thank you Harry, I'm fine. Jessica will probably be waiting inside for me."

 I glance at the hospital doors. "Do you need a ride home afterwards?"

"I can come back in an hour or so." I add.

"No,  don't worry about it. I'll probably grab some Coffee first." 

She steps out of the car and shuts the door, heading towards the hospital doors.

Once she's inside, I pull away from the curb and run a hand through my hair.

Who is this Jessica she keeps on mentioning?

Probably just another one of those middle aged women who spend their free time playing Bingo.

I remember all my mum's countless Bingo and potluck nights where she would constantly tell me that I should meet this Jessica.

I wouldn't stick around either way. Spending my Friday night with a bunch of thirty and forty year old's didn't sound all that amusing.

Hope you like this chapter! its the first one so I was nervous while writing it! Please Comment and Vote:)

Instagram- @1directionvideoedits