Chapter 11: Together Forever

(Abby's POV)

Soon after mine and Ash's conversation, she fell back into a restless but decent sleep. I on the other hand, couldn't seem to fall back asleep. I turned onto my side and looked at Ash. She was facing me, so I stared at her.

She really did have a tough life. I thought. Her abusive father, negligent mother, James, George, Alex... Alex, she said they shared names. Alex and Alexander. Same name. Huh.

Then it struck me. Like a fist to the face, I put two and two together.

No, no no. That's not possible... He couldn't be...

(Flashback)

May 22, 1557

"Wait wait, you have a sister?" I asked staring at my fiance, Alexander.

"And you never told us?" My old mistress and best friend Mary said.

"I didn't think it mattered much." Alex said as he continued his sword training.

"Didn't matter? Alex how could you say that?" I said

"I didn't mean it that way." He said turning to face me and Mary. "I love that girl. It's just... She's been gone for a very long time. I haven't seen her in around five years." He finished.

"Why haven't you seen her for so long?" Mary asked.

"I don't know where she is." He responded.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, when I was fourteen, something happened. Something bad, and we got separated." He said, looking away from us both. This subject very obviously painful.

"How do you know she's still alive?" Asked Mary.

"Mary!" I said, glaring at her for asking such a thing.

"I just know. I can feel it in my blood and bones." He said, looking back to us.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Ashlyn, but I used to call her Ash."

(End Of Flashback)

Alex... Was her brother... I covered my mouth to stop myself from gasping. She doesn't know...

(Flashback)

April 14, 1558

There were loud crashes as glass shattered all around the castle. Clashing of swords and the moans of dying soldiers rang through the castle as guards fought off attackers.

"Abby! Abigail where are you?!" I heard Alex shout from just outside our bedroom door.

"Alex!" I called.

As soon as I called his name, he ran into the room and found me curled up under a desk in our room. He looked down at me, he was twenty at the time, I was sixteen.

"There you are, come on. We need to get somewhere safe." He said and held out his hand for me to take.

I nodded then took his hand. He pulled me out from under the desk and to my feet. We ran out of the room and through the castle towards the guards tower. where a secret safe place was for us to hide in. I looked around as we ran, and it was like time slowed down. I saw guards and knights getting cut down, assassins getting ran through, servants and staff running to hide. It was chaos, blood was everywhere and the smell was over whelming my senses. I brought my sleeve up to mu nose to block out the smell. I turned my head to look back at Alex, but instead, I ran face first into the chest of an assassin.