chapter 2

Juliet's POV
*********
I finally decided to get out of bed since I couldn't fall back asleep after Harry woke me up. I headed out to our kitchen so I could make myself breakfast.

As I was eating my phone began to ring.

"Hello is this Juliet Styles?" the lady asked.

"Yes this is," I responded.

"Hi Juliet this is Stacey from St Thomas' Hospital."

"Oh yes. Is something wrong?"

"We were actually just wondering if you were open to moving your appointment to today? We have an opening at 7 am due to a cancellation for your OB appointment."

"That sounds perfect actually, I'll take it," I responded.

"Okay perfect, we will see you at 7, Juliet!" The receptionist then hung up the phone.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was 6:15 and it took 20 minutes to get to the hospital so I quickly hopped in the shower and got ready as fast as I could.

After my shower I changed and grabbed my keys and ran out the door, but not before I sent a text to Harry letting him know about the change in my appointment. I checked the clock in the car and saw that I had about 30 minutes to get there.

After about 5 minutes of driving I see a ton of flashing lights and a cop is standing in the road with a sign telling me to stop. I patiently wait until he flips the sign around telling me I can pass. As I'm driving I look over at the accident to see that at least 5 cars were involved and it looks like the car in the front swerved into oncoming traffic. However, the more I look at the front car the more I start to recognize it. I immediately pull over and get out of my car and run up to an officer.

"Sir, excuse me sir? Do you know what time this accident occurred?" I quickly ask.

He looked at me wide eyed before speaking up, "Ma'am I need you to get back into your car."

"Please just tell me what time the accident happened."

He sighed and finally answered me, "About an hour ago, I heard a couple of people say it was around 5:50?"

My heart dropped to my stomach.

"The man in the first car, is he okay?"

The officer looked at me sadly probably realizing who I was, or at least how I was connected to the accident.

"We were unable to open the door so someone is working on getting him out with the jaws of life, that's really all I can tell you"

I glanced up at him and then ran past him towards Harry's car.

"Ma'am get back, this accident is extremely dangerous."

I felt the officer pull my arm back when I heard a loud bang and I fell backwards with a blast of heat.

I slowly stood up to see Harry's car on fire and my heart sank and I fell back to my knees. The tears and the pain came instantly but the childish part of me held on the the hope that this wasn't Harry. I continued sobbing and I felt the officer help pull me back up. He looked at me sadly before asking if there was anything I needed.

"Um actually, can you give me a ride to the hospital? I have an appointment and I really don't know if I can drive right now." I couldn't see through my tears and I knew there was no way I could get back into my car.

He nodded and took me over to his car. I climbed in and he took off.

"Have you tried contacting whoever you thought was in the accident? I don't know but maybe it wasn't who you thought it was," the officer suggested.

The part of me that was still holding onto hope quickly pulled out my phone and called Harry but all the phone did was ring and ring and ring. When I heard his voice ask to leave a message for him the tears began to come even harder. Never once in my 3 years of knowing Harry did he ever not answer the phone. That's when I knew. He was gone and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.

"I'm so sorry ma'am."

"Thank you very much Officer..." I trailed off realizing I didn't know his name.

"Garn, but please you can call me Adrian."

•••

oops? also yes I know that this isn't exactly what a cop would do but the point was that he isn't a real cop ok do not @ me.

vote and comment yeah? thx love you all lots