Chapter Ten

Pain. That's all I feel. Pain tingled thorough my body as Rocky and Rydel bring me away from the scene. I'm not crying. I don't feel anything. I feel broken. I feel led on. I feel lost, as if I had lost my way towards my major goal. Rocky helps me sit down on a park bench, and I'm feel more lost than I did moments ago. I look around at the boys who are crowding around me, and I feel my eyes tear up. I bite my lip, preventing myself from crying. Rocky wraps his arm around me, making me look towards the pier again.

Gus isn't in sight, but neither is the girl. Gordy has his arms crossed, a smirk sprawled across his face. I stand up, my sadness slowly turning into anger. I shove Gordy back, making himself stumble and almost fall. He blocks his face and his chest just in case I was going to punch him. The moment he moves his arms down, I punch him I. The nose. He groans and then cusses. Riker grabs my arms, pulling back.

I fight back against his grip, "Lemme at him! He knew that girl! Gordy distracted me and he knew that the girl would kiss Gus!"

"What are you talking about?" Gordy shoots back as he holds his nose, which now has blood dripping down from it.

"Don't act like you don't know what happened! You purposely pulled me off to the side and distract me, just so this all would happen! I don't need you to protect me, Gordy. It already pisses me off that the band tried to protect me once he came back home. I don't need to be protected. I'm practically an adult!" I feel Riker tighten his grip as I pull at my arms harder.

"Gordy, what happened?" Ross asks, or more so snaps.

"Alright, alright. I knew the girl that kissed Gus. She was Kyla. . . "

"As in his ex girlfriend?" Riker snaps.

"Yeah, but she was in Cali for a while and I told that she needed to do something because there was a girl who he still had feelings for and she was starting to have feelings for him. I told her to try to do something about it. . . And she did. I told her where we were going to be and trust me, I know once Gus finds out, he's going to be pissed off at me. I didn't want you to get hurt again because I care about you a lot. I'm sorry, Makenna."

I stop fighting Riker. My eyes fall onto Gordy, and I bite my lip as Kyla walks over, leaning all over Gus. Gus has the most disgusted face on and he seems angry. Kyla leans her head on her shoulder, nodding her heading towards Gordy, as if it were a "thank you," gesture. I glance back at Riker, who lets me go a bit, his mouth dropped in shock. I pull myself out of his grip. Kyla smiles at me, a wicked smile.

"Hi, you must be Makenna. I'm Kyla," She pauses glancing at Gus before grabbing his hand. "Gus' girlfriend."

Gus rolls his eyes at her remark, glancing at me, his eyes sad.

I cross my arms,"Gus is single, but I was planning on changing that," His ears perk up, and he smiles slightly.

"He's not! He's my boyfriend."

"Wanna fight?" Riker sighs, a small chuckle hidden behind it. "I bet I can beat your ass. Or are you afraid that you're going to break a fake nail?"

"Excuse me?" Her face drops and she starts to look serious.

"Wanna fight? Or are you too afraid too?"

"We're fighting now," She says as she crosses her arms.

"Blondes," I say as I punch her in the face. Her head snaps back, making me laugh and Gus to take a step back. "Can be so stupid sometimes."

Kyla glared at me as she looks up again, blood dripping from her nose. She throws a punch at me, but I dodge it before I grab her hand and push her towards the ground. I kick her in the side as she tries to get up. She whimpers and falls back to the ground. I let her get up, a smirk on my lips. I back towards Gus, his eyes widened. Kyla wipes blood from her nose and she looks pissed. I don't blame her. I just shoved her to the floor after I punched her. Thinking that she won't retaliate, I shift my eyes towards Gus. After a moment, I look out of the corner of my eye just to see a fist coming towards my face. Kyla's fist collides with my lip and I can feel the chaped skin, split. I shove her off of me, making Riker and Gus quickly grab on to both of my arms. This was serious.