One.

The view zooms in on a article, that is titled; 'increased deer population pollutes Virginia forest, rising fears in decreased farm production growth'.

"Damnit Chuck, you know what that means". A middle aged gray-haired man says.

"A deer count". A much older man says behind his desk. The chair is leaning, with his heels resting on the desk.

"And don't forget...We got a newbie coming in today. And Donna wants me to train him. I don't know why she can't, but I found it best not to argue".

Chuck lets out a chuckle. "We always knew you were a goodie two shoes, Roy. Its not a secret".

"Shut up"! He looks smug. A much younger guy walks into the office way. Followed by a beefy of a woman, with a kind face, but biker attitude.

"Roy darling, this is Kevin. Be a dear, and take him out with you for some field training".

"Sure will. I'll bring you on my deer count. Will that work for you"?

"I guess so". He kinda stutters on 'so'. Roy can tell he's nervous.

"Don't be nervous. I won't be mean to you".

"Play nice you two. I'll get back  to my paperwork. Don't forget to walkie back for daily two hour check in". She turns and walks back to her office, closing the door behind her.

"What a stiff". Chuck jokes.

"Shut up, she'll hear you"! Roy makes hushing gestures toward him. Kevin also lightly chuckles. And Roy looks to notice it.

"That's good to find humor. You'll need it for this job". Roy leads him to the door. And Chuck stops him.

"Take the Ranger, the GMC is getting refined at 'Darby's garage' in town".

Roy nods, taking the keys from the key hanger, and goes out to a 'WVFRS' issued Ford Ranger. And starts it. Not long after, they were heading into the forest.